Upcoming Appleseed events for LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theway109

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Most people shoot some kind of .22. When facilities are available, we attempt to use longer distances with .22 or a center fire rifle. If you attend an event at Sherburne, it will be a 25m distance at scaled targets. PM me or check out the website http://appleseedusa.org/ for more info.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I was going to try to attend one of these events with my wife. After digging in more, some of the participants in other regions of the country characterized the atmosphere to be more like a match than an class. What can we expect if we attend one of the classes at sherburne? I was planning on setting up two identical .22s and I would like to know before I spend the money on the pair.

theway109

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    I haven't done any match shooting, but there will be LOTS of instruction. Most of the instruction will be done on Saturday, covering three different shooting positions, sling use, steady hold factors for each position, target analysis, the steps to fire a shot, ect. We will also cover the history of April 19, 1775. Sunday will be some refresher instruction, with more time dedicated to shooting the AQT, a modified Army Qualification Test. PM me if you have other questions.

slacker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Red Stick
    damn that was fun today! it's a bitch to shoot from the prone position, who knew? i do now. so with some solid instruction in fundamentals i'm shooting much better and looking forward to doing both days in december. the history talks were awesome, thanks for the great day.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    You are invited to the following event:
    Sherburne, LA Appleseed - Dec 11-12, 2010

Date:
    Saturday, December 11, 2010 at 8:30 AM
    - to -
    Sunday, December 12, 2010 at 4:00 PM (CT)

Sherburne LA

Info: http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

FREE for All Women, All Youth Under 21yrs, All Active Military, Guard or Reserve.

Top Bottom