UPDATE: Cannizarro Refuses to Charge; A friend was involved in a shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Don't know, but showing signs of improvement after a head shot, I bet you a buck it doesn't start with a .4

ang8ucvzo3mqj5q55h7b.jpg

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Oh, I'm sure the local police appreciate getting called out every time the Jehovah's Witnesses come a-callin'. :doh:

At least they actually knock on doors. People call for other people walking down the street looking suspicious. I don't have a problem with that because that's what neighbors should do. If you read the article there was a neighbor that didn't call about the kids riding their bikes casing the area because she didn't want to profile. If she would have made that call I think we wouldn't be having this conversation. When in doubt call the police, I promise your call won't be the silliest one if the shift.

MOTOR51

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Do I get to pick the number on the back of my Monday morning quarterback jersey?

To the police officers on the board: I'm genuinely asking a question, not trying to be a smart ass. As homeowners, are we not allowed to investigate our own property? Say he heard a noise and thats why he left the house... He goes outside to see what was going on, sees this guy, tells him to stop, the kid shoves his hands in his pocket.... bam. Seems they are making a big deal out of the "30 feet away and not a threat" side but I'm pretty sure every one of us here know about the 21 foot rule. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the whole "I hear a noise outside, quick, hide and call the police!". I know it the prudent thing to do, especially in today's climate, but damn! We cant even walk outside to see what is going on without worrying about being arrested if something goes south, on our own property, where someone broke in and had no business being there in the first place. I'm not saying we should be allowed to go out and shoot a kid who jumped your fence because his ball was kicked over it by mistake. But this was 2 in the morning and crime is high in that area anyway.

I have no desire to shoot anyone. I just wish this kid didnt have the desire to do what he did either.

Most certainly you can check your yard just don't break the law while doing it. If I shot everybody who stuck his hand in his pocket when I yelled stop, etc i would have to have an 18 wheeler full of ammo follow me around.

MOTOR51

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    All of this could have been avoided if he had just bought a double barrel shotgun, gone out on his porch, and fired 2 blasts in the air.

Fixed. :thumbsup:

triste2.gif
    On second thought....wait....

[video]http://excoplawstudent.wordpress.com/2013/07/18/buy-a-shotgun-fire-off-two-blasts-and-get-arrested-thanks-mr-biden/[/video]

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    why dont you quote him? That is not what he said, but I may have missed the post you read.

My mistake.. I re read that post.. It was said ("often not much happens") to the police involved in shooting innocent people.. VG said often was not accurate..

MY BAD BRO.. DON'T TASE ME..:)

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Can we talk about the tactical aspect of going outside to confront the miscreant, too? Does it make more sense to leave the safety of your house and walk out into the unknown when you suspect an intruder? Why suspect there's only one? What happens when the guy's buddy coldclocks you from behind while you're aiming at him? Now you've got multiple BGs, you're unconscious outside, and your wife and kids are undefended inside the house.

That's just a no-go to me. I'll huddle up the family in the safe room and wait it out until the cavalry shows up.

Oh, and sleep soundly knowing I'm not facing murder charges.

I once talked to Gary Roberts about this regarding a car/traffic rage. His opinion? STAY IN THE CAR! It stops bullets better than air. I think the same applies for a house.

The only reason I can see leaving the house to defend the car is if you have a firearm locked inside your vehicle that the criminal could potentially access. I know some people who keep firearms under their seat/in the glove box/etc. and that could be a valid reason to leave the home/confront, I think.

Curious on the thoughts about this.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I once talked to Gary Roberts about this regarding a car/traffic rage. His opinion? STAY IN THE CAR! It stops bullets better than air. I think the same applies for a house.

The only reason I can see leaving the house to defend the car is if you have a firearm locked inside your vehicle that the criminal could potentially access. I know some people who keep firearms under their seat/in the glove box/etc. and that could be a valid reason to leave the home/confront, I think.

Curious on the thoughts about this.

First thought? Surely some here would blame them for leaving it in the car. :p

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    For anyone interested, there will be a rally this evening for supporters of not only Mr Merritt Landry, but of those who believe in the right to defend themselves.

This rally is in advance of Merritt's next court appearance. It will be held in front of his home in the Marigny,
    735 Mandeville St., NOLA

6pm

Last edited:
    Top Bottom