*UPDATE* "Walking" 22 Steel Target

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I have rec'd mine and made a template which is on post 38

I saw this earlier and I'm not sure if this is the right place to put it but I haven't seen one before and wanted to show it to y'all.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200564872007&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

DSCN0818.jpg
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JAiv5Yaswg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JAiv5Yaswg[/ame]

Last edited:

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I wonder how it would hold up to .223 at distance?

That was my question to them on ebay. "What other calibers and at what ranges can this thing handle?"

We'll see what she says. Either way, it wouldn't take much to simply use a thick enough steel in the fabrication to handle whatever you wanted, barring a .50 BMG or something similar....regular hunting calibers.

It's a really cool design though, I give it 2 thumbs up! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Hell, I'd even test that for them if they would send a few for me to destroy. I could tell exactly what it could and couldn't handle at varying ranges after a month or so with them. I've got everything up to a .300 Win Mag and a 1000 yard range. IDK what more someone could reasonably expect something like this to handle.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    So who got the skills and tools to make some in 3/4" steel plate ???????

Good idea just wish I had fabrication skills w metal ...................

when mine arrive, I'll try to make a pattern. I know a guy who knows a guy who has one of those cool water jet cutting machines. I'm going to check on what it would cost to cut some out. It's only two pieces of steel slotted together but it may cost more than $30/each to duplicate that way; IDK.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    when mine arrive, I'll try to make a pattern. I know a guy who knows a guy who has one of those cool water jet cutting machines. I'm going to check on what it would cost to cut some out. It's only two pieces of steel slotted together but it may cost more than $30/each to duplicate that way; IDK.

Keep us posted maybe if we do like a group buy kinna thingy it would be beneficial to all $$$$$$$$ wise. I know I would be down for some, but would love for it to handle 45ACP

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    So who got the skills and tools to make some in 3/4" steel plate ???????

Good idea just wish I had fabrication skills w metal ...................

Would not take much skill to make one. The welds would not have to be perfect, nor the dimensions. If you had a welding machine it would be pretty easy

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    ITs not the thickness of the metal that makes it resistant to 223/rifle, its the metal itself. ONe could be made for rifle out of 1/2 AR500 steel(expensive). Parts will have to be cut out with a hydro cutter and welded away from the strike face, with heat control gel. Any bullets that accidently hit where the welding was done will go through. Could make them out of 3/8 mild steel for handguns fairly easily. 1/4 for 22lr.

manufacturing would be easy for the handgun targets, would begin to get costly for the rifle targets..

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ITs not the thickness of the metal that makes it resistant to 223/rifle, its the metal itself. ONe could be made for rifle out of 1/2 AR500 steel(expensive). Parts will have to be cut out with a hydro cutter and welded away from the strike face, with heat control gel. Any bullets that accidently hit where the welding was done will go through. Could make them out of 3/8 mild steel for handguns fairly easily. 1/4 for 22lr.

manufacturing would be easy for the handgun targets, would begin to get costly for the rifle targets..

Dern, so a rifle one would cost alot more. It might be worth it if the cost isn't too high. It is one cool little target.

Aberdog1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Kansas
    I just bought 1. My cousin in Texas has a metal shop just outside of Abeline. I'll be talking to him and seeing what he can do with this. He also makes pepper racks for the grill.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I am just curous, and I am not saying I have not been guilty of it in the past, but does anyone have a problem with openinly discussing completely ripping this guys' idea off, assuming it is infact his idea?

Seems a little shitty to me.

That said, if anyone figures it out and can make them cheaper, I am down for 5 or so.
    :o

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    It doesnt say anything about Pattent##### on his description, not as of 1-22-11 @ 1400 Hrs at least!

I know, but that does not make it less wrong. I got a few product projects I am working on and I realize that ripoffs are unavoidable, I just find it funny for such a self-righteous group of individuals, myself included, we are openly discussing and entertaining doing something that robs another man of the fruits of his labor.

Top Bottom