Updated Pics: 10/22 Build

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jacob525

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 24, 2011
    Shreveport
    View attachment 30915View attachment 30916View attachment 30917View attachment 30918View attachment 30919I dont post much so i thought i would chime in on a completed project. I started with a basic carbine that i got in exchange for some remodeling work. the only original parts on the gun is the actual receiver and the bolt body. I replaced the stock with a B&C in black w/ red web. Kinda looks pink in the picture but its actually really dark red. Didnt know if i would like it but it is really nice. Firing pin and ejector were replaced w/ new factory parts. I've never had an issue w/ the factory parts and couldnt justify the money for volquartsen or Tacsol. 18'' E.R Shaw match chamber bull barrel. Again wasnt sure but could not be more happy. This set up will shoot on ragged hole from 50-100 with the 4-12x mil-dot. For the trigger i decide to try the Hornet product 2.5lb trigger although i am a frequent customer of timney. Their trigger seemed a bit pricey considering. I refinished all of the metal (receiver, bolt and barrel) myself with KG guncote. I've had experience w/ duracoat and wheeler ceramacoat and I dont think to highly of either of the two so i decided on KG. Absolutely impressed. Skelotenized slightly exted charching handle, DNZ scope mount (also guncoted) and harris bipod. Best .22 i've ever shot.....not biased or anything...lol Anways, hope yall can appreciate it. I also have a refinished, rechambered savage that i'll post later. Sorry for the **** poor photography.... i got one shot before the camera died!

100_0412.jpg

Last edited:

Jacob525

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 24, 2011
    Shreveport
    I used the Hornet Products trigger. Half the price and I can't feature the timney being any better. The hornet breaks super crisp with no creep

Top Bottom