UPS won't deliver suppressors?!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I doubt it's anything politically motivated. I mean they ship guns all day everyday. I'd guess they were having theft issues, which would obviously require tons of extra paperwork considering they are NFA items.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I doubt it's anything politically motivated. I mean they ship guns all day everyday. I'd guess they were having theft issues, which would obviously require tons of extra paperwork considering they are NFA items.

This^!

The thieves within UPS, and the thieves that are acquaintances of UPS employees, know what is in those boxes! ;)

UPS (and FedEx), do not make filing a claim on innocuous everyday items an easy process for a reason. TO DISSAUDE THEM (claims in general)!

I can image an NFA item makes it a real nightmare.

Last edited:

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    I think it's crazy, how some online stores ship with big logos on their packages. They should do like Numrich, who puts only a tiny GPC on their shipping labels.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I think it's crazy, how some online stores ship with big logos on their packages. They should do like Numrich, who puts only a tiny GPC on their shipping labels.
    Yeah, I love coming home and seeing a giant logo for expensive boots or Amazon sitting on my front porch facing a busy road.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Yeah, I love coming home and seeing a giant logo for expensive boots or Amazon sitting on my front porch facing a busy road.

Does it really matter what the box says on it? To a common criminal bent on stealing packages, any box left on a porch or stoop is like playing secret Santa. You will either get something good or you'll get the prank prize.

The real intrigue is how these shippers can afford to have a certain percentage of theft already calculated into their huge profits.

Amazon.com (from where the machines will strike first), leaves packages on porches in my neighborhood as rule! :eek4:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Why just suppressors then and not other NFA items?

Strange.

Common thieves are usually equally stupid as they are criminal. Suppressors are probably still "spy movie" silencers to them and are easier to conceal when stealing. Hell, I just got 5 fishing lures from Skynet that were in a bigger box than my last .223 suppressor came in. :dunno:

Last edited:

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    Does it really matter what the box says on it? To a common criminal bent on stealing packages, any box left on a porch or stoop is like playing secret Santa. You will either get something good or you'll get the prank prize.

The real intrigue is how these shippers can afford to have a certain percentage of theft already calculated into their huge profits.

Amazon.com (from where the machines will strike first), leaves packages on porches in my neighborhood as rule! :eek4:

Anything on the porch unattended is fair game to some. I would think the shippers employees would be looking for clues before stealing anything.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Anything on the porch unattended is fair game to some. I would think the shippers employees would be looking for clues before stealing anything.

Don't discount the theory that I discovered in the early 80's. I called it the; mobility of crime by association theory. The general premise is, you may live in a very nice neighborhood and have great neighbors. And some of those neighbors have teen children. Even they may be good kids. But they have friends, as do many; that are not as nice as they seem to be. Almost every person I know has at least one friend throughout their lives that is of questionable judgment or integrity. And those people would never steal from their friends, particularly their closest friends. But the theory comes into action when the kids next door have these friends over for a visit. Those visits are harmless to the neighbor and his kids, but they can be reconnaissance missions for the friends. You see, the association has put the friends that don't live near you in your neighborhood. If they are criminals, they are now using the cover of the visit to case the neighborhood and possibly your stuff. And many times, the outsiders may or may not be criminals either; but they may have other associations in their own neighborhoods that would rob you soon as look at you. When stuff ends up missing from your yard, are you going to assume it's the neighbors kids? The ones you actually like? Do you ever consider my theory now that you understand it. I watched this scenario unfold before my eyes when I lived in Metairie. The visitors lifted a bicycle that was parked in a driveway two doors down as they left "their" friends house.

Same theory works in the UPS style of crime. These drivers wouldn't necessarily dare steal on their own routes or trucks because of the scrutiny; but when they figure out what some of these vendors sell, and it is common to leave them on people porches, don't ever think for a second the mobility of crime by association theory wouldn't come into play. They do it all the time out there. ;)

Last edited:

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    I don't like to use UPS anyway so this is just another excuse I guess.

I'll never forget how they lost a package with 3 RC 98Ks and about 2000 rounds of crappy Romanian ammunition when I still had a C&R. It was delivered to the wrong address (they couldn't tell me what address) and signed for someone that wasn't me (they couldn't tell me who), but it was a distinctly female name so I assume they didn't check the ID despite the clear instructions to do so.

Thankfully the person who signed for it was honest. After she opened up the packing slip and found my number I got a call from some 80 year old lady asking me to please come and pick up my package because it's too heavy for her to move off of her porch. Turns out she wasn't even in the same zip code as me, but had the same house number on a similarly named (but still very different) street.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Don't discount the theory that I discovered in the early 80's. I called it the; mobility of crime by association theory. The general premise is, you may live in a very nice neighborhood and have great neighbors. And some of those neighbors have teen children. Even they may be good kids. But they have friends, as do many; that are not as nice as they seem to be. Almost every person I know has at least one friend throughout their lives that is of questionable judgment or integrity. And those people would never steal from their friends, particularly their closest friends. But the theory comes into action when the kids next door have these friends over for a visit. Those visits are harmless to the neighbor and his kids, but they can be reconnaissance missions for the friends. You see, the association has put the friends that don't live near you in your neighborhood. If they are criminals, they are now using the cover of the visit to case the neighborhood and possibly your stuff. And many times, the outsiders may or may not be criminals either; but they may have other associations in their own neighborhoods that would rob you soon as look at you. When stuff ends up missing from your yard, are you going to assume it's the neighbors kids? The ones you actually like? Do you ever consider my theory now that you understand it. I watched this scenario unfold before my eyes when I lived in Metairie. The visitors lifted a bicycle that was parked in a driveway two doors down as they left "their" friends house.

Same theory works in the UPS style of crime. These drivers wouldn't necessarily dare steal on their own routes or trucks because of the scrutiny; but when they figure out what some of these vendors sell, and it is common to leave them on people porches, don't ever think for a second the mobility of crime by association theory wouldn't come into play. They do it all the time out there. ;)

Wow, that's genius! I'm gonna have to steal that one (pun intended I guess...).

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    This gives me an idea. I always keep shipping boxes in case I need them. I can take an old shipping box and put dog crap inside a padded envelope and leave it on my porch. That way someone can actually steal my ****!

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Don't know why you guys are all upset. This is copied from the UPS website: Note: Receivers or frames of a firearm are considered *firearms* and are accepted for transportation only if shipped in accordance with UPS’s requirements for shipping firearms; firearm mufflers and silencers are not accepted for transportation.
    No where does it say they won't ship a suppressor. :mamoru:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom