US Descends into "Total" Police State...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    It chaps my ass when people act like someones age is a direct reflection of their knowledge, intellect, experience, etc. Just because someone is younger doesn't mean they are free to be disrespected simply because of age.

There are a few people here who do it.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I was merely stating my own personal opinion. :)

I'm not as young as I used to be, and I'm not as old as some of you cats around here.

I personally like to believe that with age comes wisdom, although there are plenty of old fools running around too.

Mr. Yrdawg: (Notice I'm using Mr. here as a sign of respect to an elder) If you would like to pour over my responses when I do make comments on a post, you will find that I do read the post, and attempt to offer a valid, relevant opinion on the subject matter, and not just "spout off at the mouth" as you say. If my opinion varies from yours, its like the old saying goes "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink."

Mr. Hollier: I agree that sometime in the future, the US will probably not even resemble what we see today. I think you would agree that if the Founding Fathers looked at America today, they would be shocked and horrified. Its called evolution of a society. Do I like it? Not necessarily all of it, but hey, I, like most folks are glad we evolved past that little thing called "slavery" too.

Nick: Yes, I have read the book. I've also watched many documentaries on Outlaw Biker gangs. Not because I'm an outlaw, or a biker, I just found the subject interesting at one point in time in my life.

Back to my original response to this thread.

There are too many REAL boogeymen in the world to worry about. If you want to read all the BS put out by cult leaders and prophets and extremists on the left and right, and see it for entertainment, thats fine, but don't preach that **** to me like its the gospel and expect me to swallow it hook line and sinker like you have.

RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    With age comes age. Wisdom is something we may or may not acquire as we mature. I have seen people in their twenties with wisdom "beyond their years" and I have seen folks in their 60's that I have wondered how they lived so long being dumb as a box of rocks.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Ther are 3 age groups on this planet.

One: is the group who has many years of life experience, seen and done most everything, seen alot of changes taking place, most are strong in mind and spirit but getting weak in body. They see things going downhill and try to inform the next generation what is coming in hopes they, who are physically fit, can do something about it.

Two: is the physically fit group, still young and vibrant, but with not much life experience yet to see what is coming or understand sound advice when they receive it. This is the group that has the physical ability to protect us all but they just don't see the need to as they do not believe the wisdom from their elders.

Three: The children of the world who must depend on and trust the first 2 groups to enable them to have a future of complete FREEDOM. But they are being let down big time by #'s one and two.

I'm witch u Yrdawg.

brotherzoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Not jumping anyone personally, not taking sides, just calling ******** on this...

"World's Largest English Language News Service with Over 500 Articles Updated Daily"

Clicked into the site, then closed it promptly. Articles read = zero. Chance of future articles being read = zero.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    It chaps my ass when people act like someones age is a direct reflection of their knowledge, intellect, experience, etc. Just because someone is younger doesn't mean they are free to be disrespected simply because of age.

There are a few people here who do it.

Children should be seen, not heard!

:p

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Ther are 3 age groups on this planet.

One: is the group who has many years of life experience, seen and done most everything, seen alot of changes taking place, most are strong in mind and spirit but getting weak in body. They see things going downhill and try to inform the next generation what is coming in hopes they, who are physically fit, can do something about it.

Two: is the physically fit group, still young and vibrant, but with not much life experience yet to see what is coming or understand sound advice when they receive it. This is the group that has the physical ability to protect us all but they just don't see the need to as they do not believe the wisdom from their elders.

Three: The children of the world who must depend on and trust the first 2 groups to enable them to have a future of complete FREEDOM. But they are being let down big time by #'s one and two.

I'm witch u Yrdawg.

Strange...the JR guy makes a nasty reply to a civil post by Mjolner, pretty much calls him an irresponsible idiot who shouldn't own guns.

Quoting

" If you, Mjolnir, honestly believe all of these things that you post, and if you, Mjolnir are in possession of firearms, THAT FACT scares me more than any supernatural event prophesied by some obscure dead race, or the total enslavement of mankind by the New World Order boogeymen."

I replied

Quoting

" In light of the fact that I have followed many of his links and find much credibility in the fact that he presents both sides, I see that he is very well informed.

As someone who seems to shoot their mouth off more than he reads, YOU scare me more than MJ or the Supernatural.

If you want to contribute GO READ the freaking article and come back with some credible facts"

SO...

now this JR person is flipping out because he feels disrespected.

BUT...

If JR wasn't being disrespectful to Mjolnir I don't know what else to call it. He is apparently upset because he is young and doesn't want to be reminded of it.

Anyway...hope he cools off before he goes back to work.

:rolleyes:

_

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Wrong again. Leadfoot said it. I said +1.

And as far as me flipping out, if laughing and chuckling is your idea of flipping out, I guess I am guilty.

And also, I don't feel disrespected. Your opinion means nothing to me. Once again, you are not as important as you think you are.

JR1572

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

And as far as me flipping out, if laughing and chuckling is your idea of flipping out, I guess I am guilty.

And also, I don't feel disrespected. Your opinion means nothing to me. Once again, you are not as important as you think you are.

JR1572

True, It was Leadfoot that first initiated a personal attack on Mjolnir. However, You antagonized Dawg from that point on and continue to do so even up to this post. Respect goes both ways.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    This just makes me believe that all this fuss about the Democrats is so we don't see the knife the Republicans are about to stab into our backs. They're all politicians and that's just 2 steps below a lawyer....

ETA... The old vs. young thing is just another downfall of American Civilization. Sometimes it's best to just acknowledge someone has a different point of view and walk away.

Last edited:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you, Mjolnir, honestly believe all of these things that you post, and if you, Mjolnir[,] are in possession of firearms, THAT FACT scares me more than any supernatural event prophesied by some obscure dead race, or the total enslavement of mankind by the New World Order boogeymen.

Well if you can read at all above the third grade you'd see that I declared a disclaimer. Believe "everything"? That would make me like... the rest of America who believe everything the gov't says. Except I'd shut down my mind and accept everything else. Nah, you've not been paying much attention/don't know me from Tom's cat. Sorry, try again.

And if you fear ME over what you're facing you've lost the plot entirely, brother.

Last edited:

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge

JR1572

If you "+1"ed then you said it. If you are so disgusted and tired of seeing his posts then I suggest you do as the condescending old fart said and ignore Mjolnir if it bothers you that much. But really if it bothers you that much and you don't have the intestinal fortitude to skip over the thread and just move on to something that doesn't offend you so much then you probably should not be on the Internet at all.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yrdawg, you know the lot. "Don't bother me from whatever the Hell I'm doing to look into the abyss". "Fornicate 'em". The Ad Hominem and snide comments conceals (poorly, I may add) many of their lack of understanding the world they supposedly live in. I don't get 'em, that's for damned sure. If a post is listed you'd think if one wished to comment they'd read the entirety of the article as opposed to bitching about the author, website or just one aspect of it when many of the links provided show mainstream articles defending portions or shades of the author's short essay. Many wish to be spoonfed. "Fornicate that", too. There's nothing worse than "a kept man". Everyone must do his own due diligence. And if "everyone" is doing their "due diligence" then why in the Hell is the US falling? You know the answer, my friend.

Top Bottom