US made AK barrels - $60

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'd bet the barrels are fine, most of the issues I recall were with the 5.45 barrels. I'm betting since the chrome-lined barrels hit the market these just aren't leaving the shelves. I'd personally spend the extra $40 for chrome, but these barrels are probably fine for what they are.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    I'd bet the barrels are fine, most of the issues I recall were with the 5.45 barrels. I'm betting since the chrome-lined barrels hit the market these just aren't leaving the shelves.

^^This^^ I have installed some nice NCL barrels.Almost all varriants of Yugo AKs are NCL barrels yet they are one of the most accurate shooters in the AK world.Regular cleaning and maintanance and you wouldent even know if it was CL or NCL.Someine send me one and I will QC it.:D

Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    HPIM4774.JPG

Aren't the gas holes wrong for a AK47?

Romanian%20AK47%20M63%20Gas%20Block.jpg

Or would it work with this gas block?

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    There is only one gas hole on an AK barrel and it goes under the gas block you have pictured. The chamber end looks the same as the one on my Romanian barrels.

Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    That gas hole is at 90 degrees. Aren't AK 47 barrels are at 45 degrees? And the chamber end or face where the cut for the extractor is don't look like any AK barrel I have, but maybe its the picture? For some reason they have a close up pic of the back end that I never seen another seller do and I'm wondering if its supose to mean something. Just saying the barrel don't seem correct. Will it work?

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    That gas hole is at 90 degrees. Aren't AK 47 barrels are at 45 degrees? And the chamber end or face where the cut for the extractor is don't look like any AK barrel I have, but maybe its the picture? For some reason they have a close up pic of the back end that I never seen another seller do and I'm wondering if its supose to mean something. Just saying the barrel don't seem correct. Will it work?

I see where you are going with this Bullet.This is a barrel for a AKM like a rommyG or a polish AK.You want a Yugo barrel.The gas port is a little off from what you want unless you move your yugo gas block and alter your gastube and piston a little.Its not as hard as it sounds.Me I would look for a new or used barrel for a yugo.

Top Bottom