USADA to strip Lance Armstrong of 7 Tour titles

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    It;s a shame how people automatically assume an athlete is cheating because that athlete stands out...No, I could really care less about Lance Armstrong and cycling,but he was an exceptional athlete..If he used performance enhancing drugs then throw his ass out of cycling and erase his achievements !!! If he did cheat,he had a hell of a lot of people fooled...The French were and have been pissed at him because he went over there and dominated the sport,thats where it all started !!!! It's not innocent until proven guilty,it's guilty untill proven innocent. You go to court till they get all of your money and you're not proven guilty and your money is not replaced that you spent on legal fee's...If they dont prove him guilty or any other athlete they should reimburse that person all funds/records lost and reinstate them...The USADA should be dismantled, it's a politicaly motivated ORGINIZATION !!! When an athlete busts a drug test then take his ass to court and go from there !!!!

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    This is a very good discussion, I like it.

I am of the belief that the man passed every test ever given to him and is an athletic freak. Most people (not pointing any fingers) are jealous as hell of the talent that he has. You also have to remember that he trained like a mad man. It has been said many times that there was no one in the industry that trained as much or as hard as Lance Armstrong!!!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    If he used performance enhancing drugs then throw his ass out of cycling and erase his achievements !!!

Well that's out. He never did.

Plus from what I'm reading, the ONLY evidence they have of him supposedly 'Blood Doping' is from witness's? That's not going to hold up.

They're saying that he's guilty NOW b/c he's walked away from the investigation b/c it's costing him his life, his family and tons of money too probably, so they've assumed him guilty.

They've investigated him for a decade now. The dude is done.

He said no matter what happens, everyone on the planet knows who won those 7 titles, and everyone knows that he was the most dope tested athlete of all time, yet not a single one ever came back positive. To include 'Blood Doping'.

One of the articles also goes on to say that the UCI backed Armstrong when he attempted to sue USADA stating that they had been testing him and were behind him in the lawsuit.

:dunno:

Last edited:

Rhinoclad

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    MONTGOMERY, LA
    I don't blame him for walking away. He doesn't have to prove anything and he doesn't have to respond to false allegations. As stated before, he was a freak of nature and beat cancer, therefore critics respond with " he's doping because nobody can train that hard and accomplish what he has. Truth of the matter is, nobody came close to him in the mountains and that's where he won the races. I respect that until he provides otherwise.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    They said that the only thing that they did find in his blood was the ointment he used for saddle sores,which contained a compound that was band !!! I can assure you, the only countries that have doping absolutely perfected are most eastern block countries in the sport of Olympic Weightlifting...There training techniques are also perfected also,way more time to train ,their athletes are considered professional,and get compensated for it... Some Freak U.S.A Olympic Weightlifters In the SuperHeavy weight class...Mark Henry, Shane Hamman.

geauxbubba

"No Comment"
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Lacombe
    I heard on the radio that the USADA, which by the way, is a non profit company supported by the american taxpayers, "is not just interested in taking his titles, they want his endorsement MONEY!"

jjb5730

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2012
    Pierre Part
    No, but he obviously was.

I didn't say he was guilty. I said he's probably guilty. And this isn't a court of law. We're just having a friendly discussion.

So he obviously was or probably was?...So by your standard should they strip Phelps or Bolt of their gold medals? I mean you say if they are that good they must be doping. Jordan and Ali must have been dopers too? Point is you don't have to dope to be dominate in your sport. If all the test were negative, leave the man alone. It is a typical example of what our current society has come to, everyone wants to feed off the success of others. It's no different in theory of our government and the redistribution of wealth.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom