USP40f Jet Funnel Duty Ammo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dos gris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Anyone have a thousand or so 165-180 gr Gold Dots or 180 gr Fed HST rounds through a Jet Funnel equipped USP 40? Any issues?

Do the sixteen round magazines hold up well when being left loaded for extended periods?

I've got several thousand rounds of those specific rounds through a USP Compact with zero malfunctions, but not enough through the full sized to be confident yet.

What has been your experience?

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I fail to understand how the Jet Funnel or magwell would have any impact of the performace of the weapon with any round.

And I am sure that there has been more than 1k HST rounds put through a full size USP 40 which is the same thing as a full size USP 40 with the Jet Funnel IMO.

Last edited:

dos gris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    I fail to understand how the Jet Funnel or magwell would have any impact of the performace of the weapon with any round.

And I am sure that there has been more than 1k HST rounds put through a full size USP 40 which is the same thing as a full size USP 40 with the Jet Funnel IMO.

The funnel isn't the issue, it is the magazines that are required when using the funnel. They are supposed to be "competition oriented", with weak springs that give out when you give them a cross look, and Hk doesn't recommend them for LEO use.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    The funnel isn't the issue, it is the magazines that are required when using the funnel. They are supposed to be "competition oriented", with weak springs that give out when you give them a cross look, and Hk doesn't recommend them for LEO use.

I would definelty ask Pangris or LSP as they are the experts when it comes to HK but I know my clear mags are not marked as "competition", they are marked as Restricted for Law Enforcement so I dont see how they can sell and mark a product that they dont recommend specially for the same specific market they are marked for.

Just dont make much sense.

dos gris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    I would definelty ask Pangris or LSP as they are the experts when it comes to HK but I know my clear mags are not marked as "competition", they are marked as Restricted for Law Enforcement so I dont see how they can sell and mark a product that they dont recommend specially for the same specific market they are marked for.

Just dont make much sense.

Pangris and LSP are Hk rookies. They would both still be sneering derisively at Hk handguns had I not shown them the light (in a meandering, kismet contingent manner that was prompted by a terrorist organization) ;)

Seriously, you don't understand the difference between a generic, required LEO marking that was mandated by law and Hk's own recommendation?

I just want to know if anyone has long experience with leaving the 16 round magazines loaded, whether they have had any spring or feeding problems in a self defense environment.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    True again, Guate. HK does NOT reccommend the "white" magazines for LE use. The LE marking was simply to satisfy the provisions of the assault rifle ban law, which expired in 2006. I have seen some recent-production "white" magazines without the LE/Govt markings.

I understand :)

dos gris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    He speaketh the truth.

Of course, its a bit more involved than that, but what _I_ want to know is, why are you asking questions- here, of all places- that you already know the answers to?????

For the general edification of the people of the great State of Louisiana?

Frankly, I don't know the answer when it comes to the mysterious 16 round magazines. The Hk Pro tribe reports some trouble with them in the spring department, others say they are the bees knees.

As I mentioned. I've got plenty of duty rounds and experience with the compact magazines. What I don't know does not concern feeding, I know that isn't an issue, but whether or not anyone has had problems using the magazines in a "house gun" sort of application. In other words, loaded over a long period of time, lots of practice cycles, and perhaps some time spent in a grab and go bag.

Last edited:

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I spoke with the guys at HK about this thursday. They had jsut finished doing a trigger mod and sights to mine and I was contemplating the jet funnel as well. I like to leave 2 magazines with real rounds in them, and according to the gunsmith at HK in Georgia, the jet funnel mags collapse if left full for extended periods of time.

He recommended that if I get the jet funnel, I should keep the stock 15rd mags, and just install the jet funnel when I go shooting and take it off when I get done.

For less than 2 clear mags and the jet funnel, you can get 2 30rd mags though lol

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Collapsing is what a spring does when it loses tension. Bascially, if you keep the jet funnel mags loaded all the time, you'll end up with jamming issues due to a weakend spring. The standard 15rd mags don't have that problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom