VATA precision rifle class June 3-5

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    BASIC PRECISION MARKSMAN

Prerequisite: None
    Class Size: 4-10
    Price: $600

This is an intermediate distance course designed for precision shooting at distances
    out to 500 yards. Designed for Law Enforcement snipers or simply avid hunters that
    want to bring their long range accuracy to the next level. This course primarily focuses on marksmanship and setting up your rifle but, with time permitting, we also
    cover some of the field craft required by a tactical precision marksman, including
    camouflage and concealment and constructing field expedient hide sights. This is a
    three-day course and it is a perfect introduction to the world of long range shooting.

The following topics will be covered during the course:
    • Proper use and set-up of optics
    • Trajectory
    • Terminal ballistics
    • Range estimation
    • Shooter’s log book
    • Range cards
    • Target discrimination
    • Communications between shooter and spotter
    • Supported field positions
    • Cover and concealment
    • Stalking and hide sights

Ammunition Requirements: 250 rounds of precision ammunition

Gear List: Camouflage clothing (season appropriate), precision rifle with optic
    capable of shooting a 1 MOA group out to 500 yards, sling, eye and ear protection,
    knee/elbow pads and gloves (optional)

WARNING: This class involves strenuous activity. Students will be required to lay
    in a prone position for extended periods of time and possibly crawl through woodland terrain as well as remain camouflaged in hides for extended periods of time.

Last edited:

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    1 MOA at 500 yds are you kidding me? Do you mean 1 MOA at 100 yds? My son and I may be interested, I'm not a long range rifle shooter but he is, all the way out to 1000 yds. Good local training is great, and the guy at VATA are exceptional.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    1 MOA at 500 yds are you kidding me? Do you mean 1 MOA at 100 yds? My son and I may be interested, I'm not a long range rifle shooter but he is, all the way out to 1000 yds. Good local training is great, and the guy at VATA are exceptional.

1 MOA is 1 MOA regardless of distance. :p

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Update:

We have some dates, but they are being verified by VATA to make sure they are indeed open.

Once the date is locked in and there is enough interest in the class, they will open registration on their website. You can pay in full or deposit at that time.

If you want to come, please pm me so I can relay this number to them to get this scheduled. We need at least 4 with a MAX of 10.

ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    1 MOA = 1 MOA, However some guns may shoot 1" groups at 100yds, but for whatever reasons it doesn't hold past certain distances. Rather then 5" at 500yds it may be 10".

G.I.Joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Hahnville, LA
    I'm in. I already told Aaron I would outdo him with a Mosin and a Simmons scope :mamoru:

I'm getting all my gear together now. Just waiting on the dates to be announced.

Top Bottom