VATA's New Dates

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I want to do that carbine so bad, if only I had a carbine.... Guess I better get serious and make up my mind. So Ar or AK? :D

Is it just me or do these prices seem very reasonable?

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Im already registered for the Tac pistol 1 course. I'm planning on registering for both carbine courses as soon a some more funds become available.

jhans504

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    Registered for both carbine courses, and may re-take Tactical Pistol I if they still have spots when the class gets near. Don't want to take a spot from someone who's never been, but agree with others, hard to pass up these GREAT courses especially for the price.

loewermx

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Alexandria, La
    I'm registered for the intro to pistol class. I wish time and funds would allow me to do the pistol 1 course on sunday also but I guess I'll get that one later. I'm excited, this is my first tactical training class so I really don't know what to expect.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I just registered for the intro to tactical carbine class. Anybody else signing up?

Considering it. I just have to see what my schedule is going to be like....

I'm registered for the intro to pistol class. I wish time and funds would allow me to do the pistol 1 course on sunday also but I guess I'll get that one later. I'm excited, this is my first tactical training class so I really don't know what to expect.

Awesome class. You won't be disappointed.....

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I want to do that carbine so bad, if only I had a carbine.... Guess I better get serious and make up my mind. So Ar or AK? :D

Is it just me or do these prices seem very reasonable?

You don't have an AR or AK?! Blasphemy!

If you really want to take the class I have both you can borrow, along with mags/gear.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    SirIsaacNewton, 3 will get you through, but 5 is better. Greg will send you an equip list before class, but that should get you through. Mostly you will only use 3 at any given time, but the extras will allow you to cycle fresh mags into the shoot faster than reloading every down cycle.

I usually run everything off of my belt so I am guessing that isn't going to happen in this course does anyone have a suggestion in regards to how they are setting up their mag holders?

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I usually run everything off of my belt so I am guessing that isn't going to happen in this course does anyone have a suggestion in regards to how they are setting up their mag holders?

You looking for something to run on a normal belt, I take it? (As opposed to a completely new piece of gear, as per a chest rig or "war belt"?)

95% sure a spot opened for me in the Mink class, so it looks like I'll be missing out. :hs:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    You looking for something to run on a normal belt, I take it? (As opposed to a completely new piece of gear, as per a chest rig or "war belt"?)

95% sure a spot opened for me in the Mink class, so it looks like I'll be missing out. :hs:

I would prefer to run something on a normal belt however I don't think I can fit 3-5 pmag holders on a belt and 3 pistol mag holders. So I guess I am looking for another piece of gear.

Top Bottom