Velcro Belt

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    So I am going to order a velcro belt soon for 3 gun. I currently just use a CC leather belt. Now I have Bladetech XDm pistol holster and pistol mag/AR15 mag pouch, and Man Mountain Engineering shotgun caddies. Which manufacturer should I go with for the belt. AA or CR Speed is what I was looking at.

TCKev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Houma On The Bayou
    CR Speed is what you will see most of. There great belts. The Double Alpha's are a little wider, sometimes that can be a problem. If you using a Kydex holster it shouldn't be a problem. Hope this helps

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I'd consider DAA if you are running BladeTech stuff. Their SRB and TekLok alike tends to run big in my experience, and the extra width of the DAA belt will give you a more snug fit.

The CRSpeed Super High Torque belt is a bit thicker than the basic model, and will also do a fine job. It's still not quite as beefy as the DAA, though.

Pigfish73

Brass Junkie!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I used a CR Speed for several years and was pleased with it. However, on some high round count stages (especially high round count shotgun stages) I felt like it was going to come undone. It actually did come undone at Fallen Brethren, but luckily it happened at the end of the stage. The belt did fine for pistol matches.
    I now use the DSG Arms competition belt. It is a velcro inner/outer belt like a CR Speed belt, but it actually has a buckle on the outer belt. The outer belt is made of the same stuff as a 5.11 belt. The outer is not as stiff as a CR or AA, but once you put it on and buckle it, it stays put.
    I also have BladeTech TMMS attachments on all of my stuff. So, all of the TMMS females stay on the outer belt. It's similar to Safariland's ELS, but you can use it on any belt. That way I can change my belt around between stages without taking it off.

Top Bottom