Ventura's attempt to sue Chris Kye's Widow

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I guess SEAL or no SEAL Jesse had a beef with Chris. Chris is gone. I just feel it is not fair to take it out on Chris's wife. Maybe Jesse should just "suck it up". :dunno:

Well while it is :ghey: and I think he should be whipped with a sawbrair,
    his issue is not with Kyle's wife or with Kyle really.

His issue, is with the sentence, in the book.

Which is why it'll be allowed to move forward in a court of law.

I hated writing that, but that's the truth of it.

As far as the incident goes.....I'll reserve my thoughts.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Well while it is :ghey: and I think he should be whipped with a sawbrair,
    his issue is not with Kyle's wife or with Kyle really.

His issue, is with the sentence, in the book.

Which is why it'll be allowed to move forward in a court of law.

I hated writing that, but that's the truth of it.

As far as the incident goes.....I'll reserve my thoughts.

Got it. I need to read the book, regardless of this action by Jesse. The book has been on my need to read list, but just haven't gotten to it yet. I'll reserve my comments not knowing all the facts. Just thinking of the man's wife and children.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    As a Nam Navy vet with some knowledge of the difference between SEALs and UDT, when I read Ventura's book when it came out in 1999 I had doubts about some of his claims. One of the most obvious was no mention of any SEAL ops he had participated in. Mostly training and BS stories.

cajunranger

Ghost
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    DeRidder
    Got it. I need to read the book, regardless of this action by Jesse. The book has been on my need to read list, but just haven't gotten to it yet. I'll reserve my comments not knowing all the facts. Just thinking of the man's wife and children.
    Excellent book. Don't put it off.

Col_Sanders

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Deridder
    JV wasnt a SEAL.

If he had any class, he would drop this. The man is dead. He is who the beef was with. No sense in putting his widow through this. She has more important things to worry about than some low life scumbag's ego.

BTW, One thing that makes this even shittier on JV's part is that the proceeds for the book are rumored to go to the familes of Marc Lee and Ryan Job, a couple of Chris's SEAL buddies who died. One in combat, the other in surgery. They are who the book is dedicated to along with his wife.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Old article I found online.

SEALs back comrade's claim that he punched out Jesse Ventura

http://www.twincities.com/news/ci_21428278/jesse-ventura-lawsuit-navy-seal-says-he-decked?source=pkg

But in a motion to dismiss two of Ventura's three claims of damage, Kyle's attorneys include sworn statements from six current or former SEAL team members who were there, along with the mothers of two dead SEALs who also were at the bar.

They describe a loutish and rude Ventura who seemed preoccupied with talking about himself. But of the lot, only one claims to have actually heard Ventura make the comment about "you deserve to lose a few" and saw Kyle punch the former governor.

That SEAL, Jeremiah Dinnell, said that Ventura "was being a jackass" and that his words went too far.

"That's when Chris punched him," Dinnell wrote. "All of us wanted to. Chris was just the first one to pop him."

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Old article I found online.

SEALs back comrade's claim that he punched out Jesse Ventura

http://www.twincities.com/news/ci_21428278/jesse-ventura-lawsuit-navy-seal-says-he-decked?source=pkg

But in a motion to dismiss two of Ventura's three claims of damage, Kyle's attorneys include sworn statements from six current or former SEAL team members who were there, along with the mothers of two dead SEALs who also were at the bar.

They describe a loutish and rude Ventura who seemed preoccupied with talking about himself. But of the lot, only one claims to have actually heard Ventura make the comment about "you deserve to lose a few" and saw Kyle punch the former governor.

That SEAL, Jeremiah Dinnell, said that Ventura "was being a jackass" and that his words went too far.

"That's when Chris punched him," Dinnell wrote. "All of us wanted to. Chris was just the first one to pop him."

Good to hear.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Got an email this morning, there is a petition to remove Janos from the UDT/SEAL Association membership on grounds of conduct unbecoming. When it has made its rounds, it will be presented to the board. That should answer the question of how the Community feels about this situation.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Got an email this morning, there is a petition to remove Janos from the UDT/SEAL Association membership on grounds of conduct unbecoming. When it has made its rounds, it will be presented to the board. That should answer the question of how the Community feels about this situation.

And you are part of this email chain, how?

Top Bottom