veteran needs a job

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordan504

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Nov 5, 2011
    metairie
    hello my name is jordan im 21 years old looking for a job has been hard since i have been back if any body can help me i would really appreciate it thank you very much i have exp in plumbing,painting,all basic consruction

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There are always people in need of plumbing repairs. If I were you, I would do some free-lance plumbing. Should you be licensed and bonded? Of course you should, but if you need to work and you aren't out to maliciously screw people; do what you have to to get some work.

I would hire a non-licensed and non-bonded plumber(if I didn't arealdy know how to do that crap myself already), after I sized you up and evaluated your demeanor. The big question for you is how to find the jobs?!?

Good luck. If I hear anything I will turn them on to you.

Thanks for your service! I wish I could do more for you.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    one of my buddies turned me on to a job in the kenner/norco area. valero is building a new refinery. need a TWIC card. might want to go check it out. pays 15 an hour just for helper/firewatch. think he said 50-60 hrs a week. good luck man

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    one of my buddies turned me on to a job in the kenner/norco area. valero is building a new refinery. need a TWIC card. might want to go check it out. pays 15 an hour just for helper/firewatch. think he said 50-60 hrs a week. good luck man

Yes! Go get a TWIC! Very useful nowadays. More Big Brother ********, but what cha gonna do? Borrow the money if you have to to get this ******* card.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    TWIC is almost a must have on the Gulf coast anymore. So that is step one.

Try giving Wood Group in Lafayette a call. If you want to work offshore as a mechanic or helper, talk to Robbie. They may still be hiring to fill slots for the Energy 21 contract. I work for WG, but contracted out to Stone.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    $15 an hour for hole watch? Not bad. Beats what I did last night like walk around the parking lot in 33 degree temps catching a crack ho screwing her John in our Hospital garage instead of getting a room at the Alamo like all the other hoes walking Florida Blvd. Then there was the "All Units" call to the cafeteria to chase a crack head down a set of stairs and out into the parking lots 'cause she was there to steal food like she did last Saturday. I lost her but Lt Dunn (our BRPD officer) found her. Oh and there the dude who was sleeping in his pickup truck in the Employee parking lot who, when I woke him and told him to find somewhere else to park asked to use the rest room in the ER waiting area. Like an idiot I said "Sure." When he didn't come out after a couple of minutes I went in the bathroom to find him. He was gone, ducked out the back door of the waiting room and through a smoking area into the hospital. One of my coworkers heard my discription over the radio and found the guy up on the 2nd floor in the ICU waiting area. I got there and they guy was trying to lie about being there at 4:30am to visit someone. Walked him out only to have him circle around the hospital and enter the er and check himself in as a patent to get a warm bed for an hour. I could go on and on. Want to hear about the homeless guy whose mother works as one of our EVS employees and how he sneaks into the hospital almost every night and how we've had to drag him out of restrooms and closets where we find him hiding? Want to hear about the bum who sneaks into the medical office building and bathes in the restroom sinks? How about the person that came in on a Saturday afternoon and stole a TV off a wall mount in a wating area in a area that was closed for the weekend. Then he came back with tools about a half hour later and took the wall mount too? Want to hear about the psych patent I had to take property from in the ER and as I was getting his clothes off of him I found a steak knife in his pants pocket which he then tried to take back? How about me, a BRPD officer and a bunch of Firefighters and Paramedics in the trauma room fighting to hold down some cracked out freak who had been stabbed several times and didn't want to stay on the bed while the nurses put him in restraints? And on and on....
    I have a TWIC card. When do I start?

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    $15 an hour for hole watch? Not bad. Beats what I did last night like walk around the parking lot in 33 degree temps catching a crack ho screwing her John in our Hospital garage instead of getting a room at the Alamo like all the other hoes walking Florida Blvd. Then there was the "All Units" call to the cafeteria to chase a crack head down a set of stairs and out into the parking lots 'cause she was there to steal food like she did last Saturday. I lost her but Lt Dunn (our BRPD officer) found her. Oh and there the dude who was sleeping in his pickup truck in the Employee parking lot who, when I woke him and told him to find somewhere else to park asked to use the rest room in the ER waiting area. Like an idiot I said "Sure." When he didn't come out after a couple of minutes I went in the bathroom to find him. He was gone, ducked out the back door of the waiting room and through a smoking area into the hospital. One of my coworkers heard my discription over the radio and found the guy up on the 2nd floor in the ICU waiting area. I got there and they guy was trying to lie about being there at 4:30am to visit someone. Walked him out only to have him circle around the hospital and enter the er and check himself in as a patent to get a warm bed for an hour. I could go on and on. Want to hear about the homeless guy whose mother works as one of our EVS employees and how he sneaks into the hospital almost every night and how we've had to drag him out of restrooms and closets where we find him hiding? Want to hear about the bum who sneaks into the medical office building and bathes in the restroom sinks? How about the person that came in on a Saturday afternoon and stole a TV off a wall mount in a wating area in a area that was closed for the weekend. Then he came back with tools about a half hour later and took the wall mount too? Want to hear about the psych patent I had to take property from in the ER and as I was getting his clothes off of him I found a steak knife in his pants pocket which he then tried to take back? How about me, a BRPD officer and a bunch of Firefighters and Paramedics in the trauma room fighting to hold down some cracked out freak who had been stabbed several times and didn't want to stay on the bed while the nurses put him in restraints? And on and on....

YOU PUSS!:rofl:

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)

Being a cop isn't that glamorous when you have to put up with the stuff on the streets today. You have to either like it or leave it. It is a tough job that not many people today show respect for.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    TWIC is almost a must have on the Gulf coast anymore. So that is step one.

Try giving Wood Group in Lafayette a call. If you want to work offshore as a mechanic or helper, talk to Robbie. They may still be hiring to fill slots for the Energy 21 contract. I work for WG, but contracted out to Stone.

I was on a few of the Energy 21/Pogo platforms in for a while and they were pretty good. The WG guys said they liked it. It's not all too difficult to become an operator also, and you'll make good money doing very little work.

Last edited:

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Superior Performance is hiring. They are in the Broussard region. Thread rep, but they have other offerings. Mostly thread techs, "guys that work in the shop", and a small portion of offshore ops.

Last edited:

BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS
    Someone already mentioned wood group so check out XTOs website too, while it probably won't be local, but I know they are hiring, and the pay should be worth moving for.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Being a cop isn't that glamorous when you have to put up with the stuff on the streets today. You have to either like it or leave it. It is a tough job that not many people today show respect for.
    UUmmm no dis-respect, but isn't that part of being a police officer!!!:dunno:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish

THAT'S service I can thank you for. It's guys like you who make this world a better place for my family. Thanks man.

scottjajr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Oakdale
    Have you looked into getting a CDL some of the larger companies like swift, snichider and jb have on the job training to get it and once you get a few years experience you can go almost anywhere also once you get one you can always find work even years down the road there's more jobs for truckers out there than anything else out there it seems.

Top Bottom