Veterans ccw

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Griz375

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2022
    901 AC
    Why is it that veterans can conceal carry with military ID or veterans designation on license but have to go through full process to get cc license to skip background checks
    Very few laws/regulations, even though often written by JDs, are not well thought out.

JMO but I think they do it on purpose to help create billable hour opportunities for their less-blessed (unelected) brothers/sisters of the bar.

Yes, I have been called cynic and conspiracy theorist in the same sentence.

Griz375

Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2022
    901 AC
    Didn’t realize the states with constitutional carry allow non residents to also constitutional carry in their state.
    I might be wrong but my impression was Constitutional Carry is restricted to citizens of that state. I'll have to research that for our (DW & I) own situation to make sure.

Last edited:

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Just to clarify about the veterans ID part. All you need is the word VETERAN on your Louisiana drivers license or state ID. All you have to do in order to get it is go to the DMV with your current drivers license or state ID and your honerable DD214. I skipped the DMV and went to ABC title. It was a lot faster than the DMV is.
    Yep that’s all. It’s very easy. But sometimes we go to Pigeon Forge for vacation and I promise you I’m going to be concealed. Thats the ONLY reason I have renewed mine. But it seems like they are about to make all states concealed carry friendly. Fingers crossed and praying it happens so I don’t have to keep wasting my money on these dumb classes.

B52 Jetman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2022
    Bossier City
    Why is it that veterans can conceal carry with military ID or veterans designation on license but have to go through full process to get cc license to skip background checks
    The reason why even Veterans have to go thru a CC License to skip background checks is because even Veterans have Criminal Records that deny them from owning a firearm. One my best friends from the Military had a retraining order put on him by his pos ex wife...can't own a firearm.

Top Bottom