veterinarian near/in prairieville

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    anybody have recommendations for a vet in or around prairieville? or more importantly vets to stay away from?

i just need to get my dog a heartworm shot, nothing else. i tried a place on highland and was told they had to do $400 in tests(cholesterol, etc...) before they would give him the shot.

jussaddwata

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Prairieville
    Cypress lake animal hospital.com

This is where we bring our west Highland, very good people.

These folks took care of our youngest sons lab when she shattered her hip...at one point he decided to almost put her down because of the misery she was in not even considering the cost of several surgeries that was ahead.

They talked him out of it and kept the lab, performed the surgeries and nursed her back to recovery...He has the lab now and she is doing well still favors the hip but nonetheless she is doing fine. We are greatful to Cypress Lake. We could use more people in this world just like these folks.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I use Helouin on Airline. It's a little bit out of your way from Prairieville but I've never spent more than $50-75 on annual visits.

ETA: To my knowledge they're the primary veterinarians of the BRPD K9 unit.

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Dr. Suzanne Boucher
    She is the owner of Azalea Lakes Veterinary Clinic on old Jefferson close by barringer foreman road. . I worked there for almost 2 years while my major was pre-vet at LSU. Great doctor. I trust her and Tony with all I have.
    Her husband is a big shot with EBR PD, I don't recall his title or rank but I'm sure a couple guys here could find out.
    225-755-3838
    http://www.azalealakesvetclinic.com/

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I have knowledge of most of the listed vets. Dr. Kleinpeter we have used for the past 15 years or so. We like her a lot. Sara Cothron came to our house to euthanize our GSD. She lives in St. Gabriel. Was very compassionate and I'm sure a competent vet. Our son uses Dr. Griffith and likes him. I hear Dr. Braud on Black Bayou Ext. is good and his prices are very reasonable. On the way to our clinic we pass his and the parking lot is packed in the morning. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I have knowledge of most of the listed vets. Dr. Kleinpeter we have used for the past 15 years or so. We like her a lot. Sara Cothron came to our house to euthanize our GSD. She lives in St. Gabriel. W
    as very compassionate and I'm sure a competent vet. Our son uses Dr. Griffith and likes him. I hear Dr. Braud on Black Bayou Ext. is good and his prices are very reasonable.
    On the way to our clinic we pass his and the parking lot is packed in the morning. Hope this helps.

I will not post it but if anyone wants to know why I no longer use Braud when he is 5 miles from my home. Just inbox me I will explain it all. What happened with him and what he did is how I found Dr.Suzie.

Before this my family used Braud for years. It only takes one time to drop the ball and it could be your pet like it was mine/ours.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I will not post it but if anyone wants to know why I no longer use Braud when he is 5 miles from my home. Just inbox me I will explain it all. What happened with him and what he did is how I found Dr.Suzie.

Before this my family used Braud for years. It only takes one time to drop the ball and it could be your pet like it was mine/ours.

Sorry to hear. We have never used him. I have patients that swear by him. Thanks for the heads up.

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    Dr. Suzanne Boucher
    She is the owner of Azalea Lakes Veterinary Clinic on old Jefferson close by barring we foreman road. . I worked there for almost 2 years while my major was pre-vet at LSU. Great doctor. I trust her and Tony with all I have.
    Her husband is a big shot with EBR PD, I don't recall his title or rank but I'm sure a couple guys here could find out.
    225-755-3838

+1 on azalea lakes.
    I used to use Dr. Griffith but for me azalea is superior in every way.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Prairieville Animal Hospital on Hwy 42 always treats me, my parents, and my friends right, and I've known Dr. Goss for years before he became a vet.

My sister uses Cypress Lakes on 929 and likes them, we boarded there once and they were very nice.

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Dr. Suzanne Boucher
    She is the owner of Azalea Lakes Veterinary Clinic on old Jefferson close by barring we foreman road. . I worked there for almost 2 years while my major was pre-vet at LSU. Great doctor. I trust her and Tony with all I have.
    225-755-3838

"Like"

We go there as well. Great Vet.

Dirty

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Dr. Griffith tried to put down our family boxer because of cancer. Turned out to be a lung infection that was cleared up with some antibiotics from Dr. Braud. Needless to say we dont go to Dr. Griffith anymore. I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Braud.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    It is my understanding that an animal needs to be tested for heartworms before a preventative program can be started. If a preventative medication is given to an animal that already has heartworms, it can kill it. The tests might not be out of order. But id does seem kinda expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom