Video- cops action is real discouraging for concealer carriers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    The driver of the van could have handled that better.. He was armed and did not tell that officer.. I can see the cop getting pissed

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The guy getting out of the car was a retard. Doesn't matter how the officer handled the situation afterwards.

If you listen to the end the guy is saying "If you'd of given me a few more minutes I'd have told you"

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Bottom line, cop should have handled it better. I can understand him getting jumpy, but he should have not told the guy he would shoot him in the back or that he does not give a crap about the permit. The driver should have never dropped his hands and popped the attitude either, it only antagonized the situation. Verdict = Citizen will get off and may walk away with some spending money. Cop will get days on the beach, but not be fired, although I think he should...

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    The driver was arrested and the DA dropped the charges since he realized the jury wouldn't even come close to convicting.
    The "officer" is currently on administrative leave / investigation, presumably for the violation of the man's rights.
    Clarification: there is no duty to inform the police in FL that you are legally carrying with a permit. It's long been resolved that a quick accidental flash is not probable cause for an arrest - this cop was WAY out of line.

SHOT1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Metairie

Sorry about that, didn't realize there was a thread on this topic already. I will read throught it. Thank you.

Bottom line, cop should have handled it better. I can understand him getting jumpy, but he should have not told the guy he would shoot him in the back or that he does not give a crap about the permit. The driver should have never dropped his hands and popped the attitude either, it only antagonized the situation. Verdict = Citizen will get off and may walk away with some spending money. Cop will get days on the beach, but not be fired, although I think he should...

I am happy to read this, because seeing that video really disturbed me. I hope the outcome you talk about is indeed what actually happened.

I can understand the van driver wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed and probably shoulda/coulda done a few things differently, but to be treated like some piece of garbage worthless criminal only because the cop himself didn't ask the right questions in the first place, is just not right. What that cop did is very discouraging to me, and stories like this are likely to make some law abiding citizens NOT want to legally excercise their 2nd amendment rights. If carrying legaly can potentially get you to be treated like a piece of **** by local law inforcement, you're just not likely to carry. The wrong message is being sent here. Lawful and respectful possesion of firearms should be encouraged and tought, videos like this make me think our courntry doesn't have the culture for that kind of mutual respect any more.

Anyway... rant off... thanks for your input.

SHOT1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Metairie
    The driver was arrested and the DA dropped the charges since he realized the jury wouldn't even come close to convicting.
    The "officer" is currently on administrative leave / investigation, presumably for the violation of the man's rights.
    Clarification: there is no duty to inform the police in FL that you are legally carrying with a permit. It's long been resolved that a quick accidental flash is not probable cause for an arrest - this cop was WAY out of line.

Oh... there's the answer! Thanks for sharing bud. Makes me feel better... phew...

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I think that the cops actions were completely uncalled for and he should be fired for it. Threatening to shoot someone in the back and cursing them out can be considered assault...right?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I always stay in the vehicle, hands visible on the wheel palms up with both windows rolled down (interior lights on, if at night) until either told to get out of the vehicle or the officer approaches the vehicle. When I am within speaking distance I hand them my DL and CCW license and tell them truthfully whether I am carrying, and if my weapon is on my person or my weapon is in my vehicle, and where. CCW and DL go in my left hand while palm-up on the steering wheel so I don't have to look for it when the officer is at my window. I've never had an issue.

Police officers don't know you. They don't know who you are, what you've done, what you're thinking, what you will do. All they know is they have pulled someone over and you may or may not be the guy that tries to make a go at "some damn pig who thinks he's gonna pull ME! over!" or some such craziness. I have found that not only does this prevent any kind of jittery over-reaction from an officer, but it also goes a LONG way toward them letting you off the hook if you weren't pulled over for complete and total jackassery.

Also, in the event that you meet an officer like the one in the video, it removes any and all excuse for jackassery on THEIR part.

Last edited:

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    The cop showed that he is way to jumpy to be a cop... period! He should get job a Subway or something. Saying "hello may I take your order" might fit him better. And yea, I agree with Dixiejarhead... the guy that got stopped has a good chance of getting some "Obamma bucks" from that department. :) If he has a lawyer and was all legal that is.

Top Bottom