Video Gamers: Eye Protection

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    PPE for your eyes.

If I were a gamer I'd defintely have a pair of these.

It basically cuts glare and reduces the strain on the eye to focus thus reliving the muscles around the eye leaving you more relaxed and able to play longer while being more comfortable in the process.

Military.com Source Link

gunnarmw3back.jpg

gunnarmw3glasses.jpg

Last edited:

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    A calibrated high quality TV in a properly lit room will do wonders for eye strain and fatigue. Glare reduction is a good thing. 'Increase contrast and Enhances detail'? I'm not sure on this one. The glasses are passively filtering what you are seeing, they can not create better detail or a higher contrast ratio. Some might perceive an improvement, but it is most likely just a difference in picture than without the glasses, which they have been told will be an improvement, so that is how they perceive.

Last edited:

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    A calibrated high quality TV in a properly lit room will do wonders for eye strain and fatigue. Glare reduction is a good thing. 'Increase contrast and Enhances detail'? I'm not sure on this one. The glasses are passively filtering what you are seeing, they can not create better detail or a higher contrast ratio. Some might perceive an improvement, but it is most likely just a difference in picture than without the glasses, which they have been told will be an improvement, so that is how they perceive.

Great point even if it should be common sense. And while not the level of a professional, it can be done on most TVs for free:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=948496

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Can't believe Gunnar is still in business. Thought people would have figured out it's overpriced shite.

It's yellow tinted plastic lenses with Teflon to reduce scratches.

1. Go to Wal-Mart
    2. Walk to sporting goods section
    3. Pick up the cheap pair of Winchester shooting goggles for $5
    4. ?????
    5. Profit

TIP:
    Anything labeled as "Gaming" is a marketing gimmick

:)

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    Great point even if it should be common sense. And while not the level of a professional, it can be done on most TVs for free:

Most all Lucas Film and THX certified DVDs/BluRays have basic calibration material that will improve almost any set. Most factory presets are set so that the colors are so over driven and washed out so it stands out from the other on the show room floor. I couldn't believe how much the picture quality improved after 30 minutes with a calibration disc and my sony 60nx720.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Back when I worked on computers all day, I used computer glasses that greatly reduced eye strain and headaches. I wouldn't say it's total BS, although I can't comment on those exact glasses.

Also, a good pair of polarized sunglasses do have a weird HD effect to them. I find things look "crisper" when wearing them. Maybe it's just a personal vision issue. :dunno:

Top Bottom