Vietnam era shotgun 1917 bayonets for sale

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xanders531

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    These are the 1917 pattern bayonets made during the Vietnam era for the trench shotgun. I have 8 for sale. Most are made by General Cutlery and 2 are another mfg. Those are marked with a letter A inside a circle. Bought these from military surplus years back and found them while cleaning up.

They have 16.5" blades.

In the picture, they are marked with chalk 1-5 left to right.
    #1 General Cutlery is bent and missing a screw $80
    #2 #3 #4 General Cutlery $95 each
    #5 is the other mfg and in the best shape of these 5 $100

The 3 with scabbards from left to right:
    6 - Broken scabbard General Cutlery $100
    7 - Has 4 on scabbard, other mfg, like new condition, $125
    8 - Last one is is General Cutlery $120

I have larger and closeups of the markings, so email me for more.
    I'm in Addis.

Thanks
    Dale

bacon2118

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    In the 1960s, due to the demand for a bayonet to fit the "trench" shotguns, two contractors again produced the Model 1917 bayonet (now officially designated the M1917). The contracts were issued to General Cutlery of Fremont, Ohio and Canadian Arsenals Ltd., the old Long Branch Arsenal of Quebec, Canada. To date, I have not been able to find contract dates and quantities, although one package label from a General Cutlery bayonet has a contract date of 1969. At one time both of these were quite uncommon, but some have been sold into surplus in recent years and although they are still not common, they can be found with some regularity. The Canadian Arsenals specimens seem to be less common than those made by General Cutlery.

The fit and finish of the 1960s production is not up to the standard of the 1917-18 period, but the usefulness of the bayonet is probably not impaired. The grips are a sharply diamond checkered black plastic, and the finish is a medium to dark gray fairly smooth Parkerizing. The guard is held to the blade by two roll pins rather than being brazed on as was the earlier production. The pommel is brazed to the tang. The catch thumb piece is held to the catch by a transverse roll pin instead of being screwed on as was the case in the WW1 production.

462roy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2010
    Dale I just now saw the pics of your bayonets. My apologies for not finding the pics.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom