Vintage Military Bolt Action Rifles - vimbar

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samiam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Mississippi
    I shot them am E-mail

I spent 23 years in the military and even at this point in my life I would love to go out and play army. LOL

samiam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Mississippi
    From the research I have done there is only 3 states that have vimbar Matches Montana, utah and Nevada. So it will be something new here. Vimbar matches would be another reason to spend the day at the range. I shot my first CMP Garand/Vintage Bolt Action Matches last weekend Yes you can shoot a bolt action in these (I Did and was the only one and I was as busy as a one legged man in an a$$ kicking contest compared to the guys shooting the semi autos) from looking around for vintage bolt action matches they are few and far between on the gulf coast.

Last edited:

samiam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Mississippi
    @ dwr461
    That match looks like it would be great for beginners it was shot at only 100 yards and at rest.

Last edited:

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    Boy howdy! I'd love to pull out my Swede M96 and M1 Garand. Got a shooting buddy that I'm sure would like to shoot his in competition also.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Boy howdy! I'd love to pull out my Swede M96 and M1 Garand. Got a shooting buddy that I'm sure would like to shoot his in competition also.

Vintage Bolt Action I think you'll have to leave the Garand behind. Sorry

Dave

samiam

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Mississippi

I sent them an email but I have still have not gotten a reply. I will see if I can find a another point of contact. BTW its good to see another swede fan also. I have a M96, M38 and an AG42B

jdaige33

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2011
    Lafayette
    I know this thread is pretty old but I would definately be in for this if we could set it up. Im sure a buddy of mine would too.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Gotta love a thread resurrected from the dead.

This is still a great idea, though. I'd love to participate in something like that.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    GOt this in the email today about cmp games matches in Georgia, for those vintage shooters.http://www.odcmp.org/0212/default.asp?page=CMPGAMES_GA

And by the way, anyone that can safely do so is welcome to fire a vintage rifle at either Palo Alto or Gonzales's monthly matches. If enough of you start doing it, they may make a special division for yall like we do for match rifle/ service rifle.

jdaige33

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2011
    Lafayette
    GOt this in the email today about cmp games matches in Georgia, for those vintage shooters.http://www.odcmp.org/0212/default.asp?page=CMPGAMES_GA

And by the way, anyone that can safely do so is welcome to fire a vintage rifle at either Palo Alto or Gonzales's monthly matches. If enough of you start doing it, they may make a special division for yall like we do for match rifle/ service rifle.

I am definately interested at going shoot at the gonzales match with my C&R's can you send me some info on these matches because i cannot find any.

Top Bottom