Vintage Music Instruments

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATSOFLA

Gunsmith for Sheepdogs
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Covington
    Anyone know anyone in the New Orleans area dealing in Vintage Musical Instruments? I have a 1948 Selmer Super Balanced Action Alto Saxaphone I am looking to sell. I would like to keep it local but if I have to go national to sell it I will. I'm trying to keep away from Ebay for now.

Thanks.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    nice sax, what do the springs look like, the keys too?

I have a 46 handcraft martin alto. you cant get them like your super B anymore.. I would eat ramen noodles to keep from selling it

ATSOFLA

Gunsmith for Sheepdogs
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Covington
    It was completely re-worked by Werlin's about 15-20 years ago and has sat ever since. My Grandfather gave it to me in the hopes I would pick it up, but I started playing guitar instead. Now it is just sitting around collecting dust. I would love for someone who plays to be able to enjoy it as much as my grandfather did.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    IMO, you'd probably do better online. I'm sure there is a sax or horn forum that would be better able to help. IMO, you might want to hold on to it for your kids.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Check w/ the local high school and college music programs... My brother played around with an alto sax for a little bit (clarinet was his instrument but he'd play with anything that made noise...). He checked it out from one of the schools and took it home to play with. He tried an oboe too... I tried to get him to try to play bass, just to watch him haul that think off and on the bus :)

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    New Orleans Symphony member or Tulane Music dept. might be able to put you with a buyer who will appreciate it and put to good use.........:cool:

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I have spread the word for you through a bunch of gigging/touring musicians I know. Some asked for your phone number. I did give them your Email address. PM me your number if ya want and I will pass it along to those asking for it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    matticus1631
    Top Bottom