Virginia may be the place..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I think there have been talks, due to the backlash, that the bill will be changed to grandfather the affected firearms and ban the sale of new ones. Of course, grandfathering would require registration. From what I remember, it was originally an outright ban.

https://www.virginiamercury.com/201...include-grandfather-clause-for-existing-guns/
    Registration should be a huge alarm no matter under what guise. I hope everyone here understands why that is. I’m wondering what exactly has caused the most backlash. I’m thinking the statements made about how they would handle LEO’s who refused to enforce these new proposed laws is the majority of it so far. I think a lot of the hype and threats the left is making is an attempt to provoke the gun owning populous. Pure stupidity on so many levels.
    As far threatening to withhold federal funding, every state could easily deal with the FED and do well to get off the federal teat anyhow.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I’m asking who benefits more from federal funding? The working man or the welfare recipients? If it’s the working man then I could see where it would hold some water but if not then it would hurt the base of who put these clowns in office. The heavily populated handout plantations. Just a thought.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Registration should be a huge alarm no matter under what guise. I hope everyone here understands why that is. I’m wondering what exactly has caused the most backlash. I’m thinking the statements made about how they would handle LEO’s who refused to enforce these new proposed laws is the majority of it so far. I think a lot of the hype and threats the left is making is an attempt to provoke the gun owning populous. Pure stupidity on so many levels.
    As far threatening to withhold federal funding, every state could easily deal with the FED and do well to get off the federal teat anyhow.

From a a federal funding standpoint that’s our money to begin with. If my state gets off the tit, there damn well better be an exemption for MS residents on the W4. The money shouldn’t be going to Washington in the first place it should go to the state capitals and then ‘kicked up’ or down from there.

But honestly look for a toothless bill grandfathering with no registration to please their liberal base and not get run out on a rail.

Last edited:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    My thots. For the little they are worth.

If this bill passes, . . .

The NRA should organize a 2A rally on the battlefield at Petersberg. Tell all members to bring an AR rifle, with a chamber flag displayed.

Thousands of citizens, in open defiance, all armed.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Registration, huh? :rofl:

By proposing these outlandish "laws", these people just told their citizens why handing them a detailed inventory of their gun safes would be moronic. Sure as hell, they'll try and "order them" to turn them over, eventually.

But besides that, it's also a way for them to kill the tradition of passing down firearms to your own family. You die, they get chopped.

So to Governor Blackface:---------------> :fawk:

Yetimaltz

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2019
    Metairie
    80427865_10218470286641081_7590775433440788480_n.jpg

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    That is indeed a capital offense that warrants death by firing squad .
    I can live with that!

I read somewhere in history of a town in Europe, everyone who ran the town, mayor, sheriff, all elected officials, taxed and kept the towns folk broke. Finally they had enough, drug the officials from their houses and executed them in the town square in front of the whole town. Never had any more crooked politicians!
    I think a light pole, or tree and some rope are in order!

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I read somewhere in history of a town in Europe, everyone who ran the town, mayor, sheriff, all elected officials, taxed and kept the towns folk broke. Finally they had enough, drug the officials from their houses and executed them in the town square in front of the whole town. Never had any more crooked politicians!
    I think a light pole, or tree and some rope are in order!

Attachments

• big like.jpg
      big like.jpg
      7 KB · Views: 55

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Lots of people talk about treasonous acts and punishment but the reality is it hardly ever happens. Last person was 1952, a Japanese American was put to death. I may b wrong but that’s what the search showed. If it was that easy we would only have a hand full of politicians make it through their terms without a rope around their necks.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Lots of people talk about treasonous acts and punishment but the reality is it hardly ever happens. Last person was 1952, a Japanese American was put to death. I may b wrong but that’s what the search showed. If it was that easy we would only have a hand full of politicians make it through their terms without a rope around their necks.

Easy enough, Take away their ARMED police protection, Buy rope stock....lol

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My thots. For the little they are worth.

If this bill passes, . . .

The NRA should organize a 2A rally on the battlefield at Petersberg. Tell all members to bring an AR rifle, with a chamber flag displayed.

Thousands of citizens, in open defiance, all armed.
    I was 6 years old when the Kent State shooting happened. I can almost see a similar event on the horizon. Not hoping for it, my delicate psyche just handles life better when I prepare for things.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    libs crack me up. Force police to obey anti gun laws because it is the law, but embrace sanctuary cities where federal law is no obeyed...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Alfred92
    Top Bottom