Volquartsen Trigger on MK III Ruger, fantastic improvement

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    I've been disappointed with the trigger pull on my Ruger MK III .22 pistol (5" Bull Barrel) since purchased, and finally decided to change out the trigger. The standard trigger always felt rough, heavy, long takeup, and had a lot of overtravel. I ordered a satin aluminum billet Volquartsen trigger to match the looks of the original trigger (they also have the black anodized aluminum trigger) from Midway. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/928133910/volquartsen-target-trigger-ruger-mark-ii-mark-iii-22-45?cm_vc=OBv1928133910. While I was at it, I changed out the hammer bushing to a MK II type and removed the magazine interlock. It made a substantial difference in trigger pull and resulting accuracy. It just feels better now.

Just wondering if I should have also changed out the hammer and sear, and if they would make such a great difference as the trigger?

Last edited:

SGN Ray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Houston/Richmond, TX.
    Do a Google for 22/45 Sam bushing.... it's about 13.00 with shipping.... it will help a lot... or... spend 110.00 and get the Volquartsen trigger setup and be done with it....

WHO DAT 504

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    I just did the mod on my new Cobalt 22/45 using the VQ kit (with hammer and sear). I can tell you it's well worth the $$. Trigger pull is reduced to around three lbs( mine measured 2lbs 12oz),and feel is greatly improved.

Hot Pepper

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Pearland,TX
    I bought the volquartsen accurizing kit for my 22/45 lite, and a tandemcross hammer bushing to eliminate the the mag interlock and could'nt be more pleased. The kit come with new sear and trigger mech.

Top Bottom