Wal Mart No Limit Ammunition.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Wal Mart no longer has a limit on any ammunition but .22 and may remove the limit on .22 ammunition soon.

nd09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2014
    I went to Wal Mart in Natchez Ms, and he only would sell me one box even though there was no signs saying so, just one saying .22 is limited. ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I snagged 300 .22 rnds out of a Blazer Brick @ Moss Bluff Wal-Mart this weekend.
    Wife had to buy the other three boxes.

No limit on any other ammo. Which they were In Stock with everything.

Ferrara Fire

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2013
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    You would swear Wal-mart was a sponsor on here.

Cool, No limit on ammunition here either! Well except on .22lr reserved for repeat gun purchasers and new gun buyers. We still put out about 20-30k of .22lr on the shelf each week...

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Your wal mart gets 22? I haven't seen 22 at the wal mart here in 14 months..

I have not seen any .22 at Wal Mart since 2012 but I know someone who purchased about 25,000 rounds of .22 from Wal Mart last year.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    I snagged 300 .22 rnds out of a Blazer Brick @ Moss Bluff Wal-Mart this weekend.
    Wife had to buy the other three boxes.

No limit on any other ammo. Which they were In Stock with everything.

That's the one I always hit on the way home, and haven't seen a box on the shelf in forever. Now I know who is beating me to it! LOL

Cool, No limit on ammunition here either! Well except on .22lr reserved for repeat gun purchasers and new gun buyers. We still put out about 20-30k of .22lr on the shelf each week...

Too bad you are about 2.5 hours from me...

Hot Pepper

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Pearland,TX

You know Baton Rouge might be a little too far for people from out of town to make a special trip. It would nice if you guys made available your bulk packs of .22 for all customers, not just people who bought guns and people who frequent your store. I know rewarding your repeat customers is important,but not being able to get a bulk pack for an hour drive would probably cause most folks to shop locally and not make the drive. Most small towns have a walmart and a local gun shop, where the local gun shop can't supply the towns needs when it come to ammo so Walmart is the only other option in town.

Last edited:

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    When they do that, for the next few months, the "resellers" will clear it out. Eventually they will realize people will not pay those prices at gun shows anymore and we will start to see it reappear.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    That's the one I always hit on the way home, and haven't seen a box on the shelf in forever. Now I know who is beating me to it! LOL

lol I've actually NEVER got ammo from that Wal-Mart. I picked up a .22 Savage Rascal @ Academy for cheap and had ammo on my mind. So I told the wife I'm going to check the Sporting Goods section before we leave....and sure enough the Brick was there.

Hot Pepper

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Pearland,TX
    When they do that, for the next few months, the "resellers" will clear it out. Eventually they will realize people will not pay those prices at gun shows anymore and we will start to see it reappear.

I totally agree, it's a tough situation to be in for a small business owner trying to serve the public and it's local patrons. To open the eligibility to more than repeat customers and new gun purchases, it might be worthwhile to extend the bulk purchase offer to BS members to get some new customers.. It would most likely spark sales of other items.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    lol I've actually NEVER got ammo from that Wal-Mart. I picked up a .22 Savage Rascal @ Academy for cheap and had ammo on my mind. So I told the wife I'm going to check the Sporting Goods section before we leave....and sure enough the Brick was there.

Probably the only brick huh? Should have taken a pic! Forgot what bricks look like on the shelf... Haha

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Probably the only brick huh? Should have taken a pic! Forgot what bricks look like on the shelf... Haha

HAHA! I actually did! :p

blazer22wally.jpg

Mac 1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Welsh, LA
    I bought a new Ruger American Rimfire from my local gun dealer and all he would give me was a hundred rounds of CCI mini mag. Said he didn't have enough to sell me anymore.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Walmart in Walker gets in 22's on a regular basis but it evaporates quickly. I did actually see some 50rd boxes on the shelf and picked up 3. They were gone before noon. Other ammo seems to be getting more in supply. They have plenty of .223/5.56 ammo and I always see .40 and .45 ammo with some 38 special in there. They have been getting more 9mm ammo but it goes quick. I saw some bulk pack Winchester white box 9mm at the Denham Walmart on Monday. I don't shoot 9mm so I didn't get any.

SigGuy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Other than online deals, Wal-Mart still has the best prices on ammo. I picked up 100rd boxes of WWB from the Wal-Mart in Praireville for $24/box a few weeks back. 24 cents a round seems to be as good as it gets anymore. Even my Ga Arms ammo costs me more than that these days...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom