Walking and texting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Saw that on the AM news yesterday.....Now imagine her behind the wheel....:eek3:

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Saw that on the AM news yesterday.....Now imagine her behind the wheel....:eek3:

I text(ed) and drive. I know its a bad habit, but I like keeping in touch with my new buddies here on BS.

June 4, 2009: I was texting and driving. And.... yup. It happened. I rear-ended someone. OH! Not just SOMEONE! I rear-ended a DEPUTY SHERIFF!!!

That was almost two years ago. I was stupid then. I'm still stupid.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I'm awful about picking up my cell phone at red lights if it dinged with a new email while I was driving. And with text messages on the iPhone it'll pop up on the home screen, I don't have to push any buttons. So I won't go all pot, kettle, black on people who do, but outside of looking at the name, I'll pull over. And the hands free in my Yukon, omg, love it lots!

Now, saying that.... My children. The daughter caused me to hit a tree and the boy caused me to take out a mailbox. Guaranteed #1 thing to make me turn around in the car are choking/squealing noises. I've gotten better, sort of. Last time Ian started throwing up, rather than yank the wheel, I pulled over... and promptly blocked an ambulance (no sirens) with lights flashing in a driveway. :doh: Thankfully he saw what I was doing because I felt about two inches tall. In my defense he apparently was at the house and while my back was turned drove out to the end of the street. He smiled, waved and angled out around me.

My daughter squealed nearly ten years ago in our driveway, I yanked, the car moved with me right smack into a tree. Thankfully we were going very very slowly. I hadn't even hit the gas very much when she squealed. Let me tell you, I learned very early on, don't tell that girl to cover for her mama. I'm just glad I didn't try to hide it from Spec. She sung like a canary at the fist opportunity.

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    I'll text while driving, but that is because my truck will read it out over the speakers, and I don't have to type anything to respond :)

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    i had a buddy killed on his bike from a 30yr old dude texting and driving. he was stopped at a stop light and the guy plowed right over him in an suv.

i have texted and walked a few times, but i trip.

so now i stop and reply. it also decreases your situational awareness.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    SUE!!
    SUE!!
    SUE!!

Click green bar to watch.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOBZmNVgOz0[/ame]
    1 step leads 'Fountain Girl' to unwanted fame

Cathy Cruz Marrero remembers her foot striking the base of the fountain as she held her purse and clutched the cell phone she'd been using to text.

article-1348923-0CD740CA000005DC-9_634x386.jpg
    http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=280405
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-fountain-sues-security-guards-laughing.html
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/fountain-falling-texter-cathy-cruz-marrero-dont-text/story?id=12685189

:)

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    Sad.
    What was it about "taking responsibility for your actions"
    With the relase of her name, the store she works at and the town she lives in I'll wager she regrets the lawsuit....if she proceeds.

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    Sad.
    What was it about "taking responsibility for your actions"
    With the relase of her name, the store she works at and the town she lives in I'll wager she regrets the lawsuit....if she proceeds.

I agree. She was totally anonymous until she went public about the lawsuit.
    Money talks doesn't it. ;)

Last edited:

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    I've never texted. Don''t know how and don't have it on my plan. I have the el cheapo AT&T plan with 2 phones sharing 250 minutes of talk time plus MtoM and nights/weekends free. I do voice calls only. When I get a text it charges ME, not the jerk who sent the text 20 cents. Multimedia like photos or video sent to me cost ME, not the jerk who sent the video, 60 cents per. My little Nokia phone doesn't do internet, I don't text or video and when I do want to talk to someone, whether I'm walking or driving, I have a bluetooth earpiece I use so my hands are free to hold the steering wheel or do what ever else I'm busy doing. I've never downloaded an ap or a ringtone. I pay about $60 a month for my plan with the 2 cell phones. That's more than enough to spend on a phone at this time.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Top Bottom