Walmart Can Shove It!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    My wife has worked at Walmart for years.
    Too many to just quit and lose her retirement.

This week was inventory.
    So they had her work overtime several days before in preparation.

Now they are giving her an additional day off so as to not pay any overtime.

What a sorry-assed, sh*tty thing to do to your employees!

Well I have some interesting videos on my phone of managers and co-managers that I was going to delete.

Not now!

It's going to Arkansas!

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    My wife never makes overtime. She may do a 12 hour day today then take a half day off later in the week or something like that. That being said she pretty much makes her own schedule within her clients parameters but O/T is a big no-no at her job.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    WalMart is not the only retailer that does that . It's pretty common . If they promised her the OT then that was pretty crappy .

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Years back I worked at Mervyn's. They had full time benefited employees, short time benefited employees guaranteed 28 hrs./wk., and part time employees with no guarantee of hours. They would frequently work the part time employees full 40 hour weeks but if they did that for a certain amount of weeks in a row (I can't remember if it was 8 or 12 weeks), then they were forced to change that person's status to a benefited employee. Sure enough, when you got close to that, you got a real short week (16-20 hrs.) and then they'd go back to scheduling you for all that they could. I can't ever remember working overtime at Mervyn's, they tracked the hours way too closely for that.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    I'm sorry to hear y'all are disappointed, and for any financial issues this may bring you guys...but to me this was a regular occurrence when I was in retail.

I would also hate to see you get multiple people fired b/c your wife was told she would get overtime and it never happened.

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I'm sorry to hear y'all are disappointed, and for any financial issues this may bring you guys...but to me this was a regular occurrence when I was in retail.

I would also hate to see you get multiple people fired b/c your wife was told she would get overtime and it never happened.

Watch me.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla

Piper doesn't come here to vent very often and never personally. More to this than we know.

mr.z28

learning...
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    BR, LA
    when you're expendable jobs don't care about you...bottom line...especially in retail...ask me how I know...its modern slavery if you ask me...on a side note, anyone seen the cnbc special on sam walton and Walmart?...dude was an a**!!!...tried his hardest to not allow an employee union...current day scouters for new locations literally prey on mom n pop establishments...I hate Walmart...

/rant

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    I work at the covington store, have been with Walmart for 2 1/2 years, and it sucks, transferred from a good WA store to that ********... and by chance did your wife work at the meterie store? I was over there helping them prep for inventory not long ago...

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    The time is NOW avoid the Big Box Stores,,,

when you're expendable jobs don't care about you...bottom line...especially in retail...ask me how I know...its modern slavery if you ask me...on a side note, anyone seen the cnbc special on sam walton and Walmart?...dude was an a**!!!...tried his hardest to not allow an employee union...current day scouters for new locations literally prey on mom n pop establishments...I hate Walmart...

/rant

Well said IMHO
    Thank you for your comments...

Bayoupiper sorry that she is getting treated that way!

Also thank you sportbud for your honest, actual employee of Wal-Mark view.

As far a shoving it, I feel Wal-Mark is shoving it in the rear of it's employee's and the general public every day so I say

pa5ot4jiz976wlkf66yx.jpg

Last edited:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I literally have a Walmart within 5 miles of me in any direction I travel from my home. You know how often I shop there? Never.

Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc have RUINED so many small businesses that you probably couldn't count them all. I refuse to do business with them.

I don't want to buy my tires, groceries and clothes in the same place. I prefer quality over quantity.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    You know even though I work at Walmart I do my best not to buy **** from there... only if I absolutely need something late at night(since Covington seems to shut down at 9 or sooo...) do I get things from there... even the 10% off firearms doesn't make me get them from wally world... I have personaly written 2 very well written letters to corporate and **** doesn't happen... Now if I wanted to get back at them I could drop a tip off to corporate that the store was starting to unionize, and that would get **** flying lol!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom