Walmart Denham Springs Ammo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hatred

Sic vis pacem para bellum
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Denham Springs/Baton Rouge
    Went to Walmart in Denham Springs on Friday and went to sporting goods like always and noticed they had 3 boxes of Winchester 9MM ammo in the 200ct boxes sitting above in between two tags, one for $15.74 and one for $15.77. And as the norm I couldn't find anyone to help me so I left. Go back in Saturday and low and behold the 3 boxes are still sitting there. The girl working there had the case open for someone and asked if I needed any help and I told her I'd wait cause she was probably going to need a manager to come back there. She called ands two "Support Managers" come back there and I tell them "Those 3 boxes have been marked that for 2 days and I want them at that price". The lady tells me "you cant have them for that because they cant override the price on ammo and guns". I said ok and before she could move them I snapped a pic and said I'd just call customer service and the home office and talk to them. I walk around the store and when I come back they had them moved to a price that was $47.77. I called and made the complaint and was told someone would call me within 3 days. Well about 2 hours later Joe from the Denham Springs store calls and asked me what happened, after I explained he said "well the ammo and firearms are federally regulated and we cant change the prices" and I said "well how do you change them when you price match something?", he had no reply. They offered me a $25 gift card to make up for the mistake. I've NEVER had them refuse to honor the price that was marked on an item.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I would not go through all that in order to get something for less than it costs because someone made a mistake.

hatred

Sic vis pacem para bellum
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Denham Springs/Baton Rouge
    If anyone here went in anywhere and saw a gun that was originally $1200 priced wrong for $700 and said they wouldn't want it for the marked price is a liar. Especially if it was marked that way for more than a day.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    If i worked anywhere retail and you said "Those 3 boxes have been marked that for 2 days and I want them at that price". to me, i'd laugh in your face and walk off. You have no right to be that demanding/rude to anyone. Sounds like you have entitlement issues.

JumpmanUSC

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 23, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    Were the labels for the ammo you were looking at? Chances are they weren't. The boxes were likely stocked there by mistake but I bet you the price tags you refer to did not correspond to the description of the ammo you were looking at.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Were the labels for the ammo you were looking at? Chances are they weren't. The boxes were likely stocked there by mistake but I bet you the price tags you refer to did not correspond to the description of the ammo you were looking at.

This. I worked retail in college and still check descriptions if I believe something isn't right. I'll bring SKU numbers to cashiers to help check out certain items, and can find back stock many times when shelves are cleared. Just because something is in the wrong place doesn't mean jack.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    If i worked anywhere retail and you said "Those 3 boxes have been marked that for 2 days and I want them at that price". to me, i'd laugh in your face and walk off. You have no right to be that demanding/rude to anyone. Sounds like you have entitlement issues.

This.

Oh and don't go to Walmart. Shop local and save the little guys.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    The first time you were there, you should have had someone scan the price for you. Whatever that price was should have been the price paid.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    If anyone here went in anywhere and saw a gun that was originally $1200 priced wrong for $700 and said they wouldn't want it for the marked price is a liar. Especially if it was marked that way for more than a day.

You are very wrong.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    This happens all the time at Wal-Mart, when I see an item whose price seems too good to be true I always compare the SKU on the tag on the shelf with the SKU on the item itself.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    ...They offered me a $25 gift card to make up for the mistake. I've NEVER had them refuse to honor the price that was marked on an item.

Now take the $25 card back and buy the ammo for $22 for the WIN! Way to work the system. $25 cards is cheaper for Walmart to correct errors than hiring competent help.

IonicDOG

Hacker
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    Houma, LA
    Years ago I was in my local walmart browsing the sporting goods, this was about a month before duck season. They had a stand alone display of remington nitro steel in sealed cases, no loose boxes anywhere on the display. Sign said $18 and some change, stickers on cases said same price. Put 4 cases on the counter asked the clerk if he was sure that was the right price? He said if thats what the sticker says, he's got to sell for that price.
    Went back the next day and all the stickers on the cases were ripped off.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    If it was not marked on the box you should have known. The 47 dollar price is the same as Academy for that 200 round ammo count and still cheaper than some places. Sounds like they were just in the wrong place on the shelf.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Seems to me you knew the price was wrong and wanted to make them honor it. Yeah they shot you some bull trying to get you to back off, but I got bigger fish to fry than to argue over improperly priced ammo. To each his own, but Wal-Mart is not the place I care to argue with employee's. I would just as soon ram my head into a brick wall.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    Seems to me you knew the price was wrong and wanted to make them honor it. Yeah they shot you some bull trying to get you to back off, but I got bigger fish to fry than to argue over improperly priced ammo. To each his own, but Wal-Mart is not the place I care to argue with employee's. I would just as soon ram my head into a brick wall.

Agreed

Top Bottom