Walmart in Lafayette--no ammo!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cb8180

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Was passing through the Pinhook Wally World and, to my horror, the ammo case (where the rifle/pistol ammo used to be) was completely empty! They still had shotshells (the bulk slugs and buckshot were out in the open) but absolutely no metallic ammo, not even .22's! I just bought .380 and .45 there last week and the case was full! I really hope we don't loose a cheap ammo source but I suspect they are gonna be "phasing out" ammo sales as they did guns a while back. Since I had my little girl and we were in a hurry I didn't have time to ask a clerk (couldn't find one anyway). I'll check back Fri afternoon and report.

jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    Was passing through the Pinhook Wally World and, to my horror, the ammo case (where the rifle/pistol ammo used to be) was completely empty! They still had shotshells (the bulk slugs and buckshot were out in the open) but absolutely no metallic ammo, not even .22's! I just bought .380 and .45 there last week and the case was full! I really hope we don't loose a cheap ammo source but I suspect they are gonna be "phasing out" ammo sales as they did guns a while back. Since I had my little girl and we were in a hurry I didn't have time to ask a clerk (couldn't find one anyway). I'll check back Fri afternoon and report.

Since I am in Lafayette I would be interested to hear what you find out.

Kook

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    New Iberia
    WalMArt is phasing out everything it seems. Sports/hunting departments have shrunk considerably. Can't even buy a life jacket at the new one in Broussard. They have also stopped selling hard liquor.

Don't Panic
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Olla, La
    FYI - They just revamped the entire ammo shelf/scope display, etc.... layout in the Natchez WM to prevent theft during the non-peak hours (i.e. when an associate isn't readily available to assist behind counter).

.....or they may be supplying another store based solely on demand increase.

Phoenix 6.0

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    ill have to go check this out as the pinhook walmart is my regular source for ammo. im definately goin to be asking some questions. im really curious cause they just stocked up alot lately with damn near every caliber

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    I have found where the white folk are the minority in a given area, guns are not sold at their local Walmart.

Hummmm Sounds like there's a Negro in the wood pile somewhere!

P1040640.jpg

cb8180

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    I stopped by this morning after work--shelves still bare! Found a clerk in the department and asked. She said "oh, the case broke so we keep it in the back, you need anything?" I looked and sure enough the lock was broken! Sorry for the false alarm everyone, ya'll have a good weekend!

GClifton

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Chenal, La.
    I could be wrong, but the only Walmart selling guns close to Baton Rouge are in Denham
    Springs and Walker, none in Baton Rouge, Plaquemine or New Roads. They do sell ammo.

Top Bottom