Walther Listens to Customers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Walther will sell more pistols since they adopted a conventional magazine release on several models.

daybreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I just bought a PPQ M2. The conventional mag release is great and well placed. I have small hands and it's the only pistol besides my CZs that I don't have to make any grip reposition to actuate the mag release.

In fact, I would have to make a grip adjustment to actuate the standard PPQ's paddle release, so I'm happy with the m2. But good for the m1 owners.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I just bought a PPQ M2. The conventional mag release is great and well placed. I have small hands and it's the only pistol besides my CZs that I don't have to make any grip reposition to actuate the mag release.

In fact, I would have to make a grip adjustment to actuate the standard PPQ's paddle release, so I'm happy with the m2. But good for the m1 owners.

That is the Walther I would buy as well and it may shoot as well as a CZ or HK.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I just ordered an M2, not sure how long it is going to take to ship (site said 2-3 weeks) but I am ready to check it out. I haven't read a bad review on it so far.

bigoo7e

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Haughton, La. 71037
    I personally prefer the the mag releases on HK's, the older Walther's and my XDs. I use my index finger on my right hand to drop the mag, mainly because my thumb doesn't quite reach the mag release without changing my grip on the pistol. Not many guns on the market have a mag release on the left side of the gun that I can reach with my thumb without changing my grip on the pistol. :-/

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I had the pleasure of fondling an M2 the other day at Academy in Hammond. I am very much looking forward to receiving mine, hopefully next week. The ergos are excellent, and I love the placement of the mag release. It is the only handgun I have held to date that I did not have to change my grip on the gun to drop the mag. It is actually on the small side for being a FS gun, which is a good thing. It doesn't appear much different in size than a G19, and is probably almost as slim as a Glock as well. The factory sights also look promising. I'll give an update once I get it in hand and put a few rounds through it. This is the first handgun I have purchased with physically holding and checking the gun out and I don't see any regrets so far.

LouisianaGuy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Walker, LA
    There are plenty places local in BR that have the M2 in stock for sale....
    I recently bought one and traded into an M1 just cuz everyone was wanting them for some reason.
    I don't care for the M1 style release which is same as the PPS, BUT I like the HK and P99 Gen 1 release.
    Anyhown I sold the M1 last week for 650 to a guy in Houston and went to BJ Pawn in Denham and added about 20 bucks to the 650 and left with a BNIB Springfield XDM 5.25 AWESOME.
    Thanks BJ Pawn...
    Love my M2 btw

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Picked up my PPQ M2 today and had enough time to put a mag through it. First impressions, great handgun in pretty much every aspect. Excellent trigger with light, smooth pull, crisp break and reset. Unquestionably the nicest trigger I have felt to date. Great ergos, similar to the P30. Excellent accuracy. Fairly small and light for a full size handgun, not much bigger than a G19 in size (almost the same) and feels a little lighter than a G19 as well. However, being light come with the cost of more recoil than expected; not unmanageable by any means, but still a little more recoil than expected. The cosmetics are something that will take a little getting used to as I am so used to my Glocks that I find to be very appealing as far as looks go but this is really a minor point. All in all, I am very pleased and look forward to putting more rounds through it to get a better feel for the gun.

daybreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    If a PPQ is the nicest trigger you've ever felt, you need to shoot more guns ;)

It's definitely the nicest stock polymer trigger I've felt by far.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If a PPQ is the nicest trigger you've ever felt, you need to shoot more guns ;)

It's definitely the nicest stock polymer trigger I've felt by far.

daybreak, I agree.
    I felt the trigger on a new PPQM2 and a new STI Spartan last week and prefer the trigger on my G17.

Top Bottom