Waning interest in C&R's ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    The good ole days were about 10 years ago when you could get Swiss K31's and Yugo and Albanian SKS's for $109 from AIM and Mauser 98's for $100-125. Of course back in the 80's Chinese SKS's were $70-80 and Russian SKS's were $100 but the same money now is probably worth $360-$400 in today's money. You could also get Nagants for $50-60 and Swedish Mausers for $100.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    The good ole days were about 10 years ago when you could get Swiss K31's and Yugo and Albanian SKS's for $109 from AIM and Mauser 98's for $100-125. Of course back in the 80's Chinese SKS's were $70-80 and Russian SKS's were $100 but the same money now is probably worth $360-$400 in today's money. You could also get Nagants for $50-60 and Swedish Mausers for $100.

As recently as four years ago you could still get $30 Mosin-Nagants from Century if you had a game sales rep. I picked up like 25 of them at that price. When they showed up I snatched as many as I could afford. Damned shame they didn't ship them in the original case. As it turned out three of them were "paragraph guns" and quite a few were hex receivers. One even had a spliced stock. Never seen one of those before, and I was pretty sure they didn't exist until I opened that box. They sold me Yugoslavian Mausers at $39 each and three M1 carbines at $500 each. Hell it wasn't a C&R, but they sold me a Tanfoglio 9mm pistol for $100.

I really miss David Kennedy, my sales rep. He was nuttier than squirrel ****, but he was a really good salesman. He would call me up several times a month with items he knew I'd be interested in. I bought most of them too. I suspect he went round the bend when the C&R market dried up. He used to talk to me about his Miami apartment full of beans, rice, gold bars, and ammunition. I'm pretty sure he didn't have a girlfriend.

Top Bottom