Want To Be a Part of PT-305 Restoration?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    The actual restoration work is all but done... but there is something else we can do to help make this a reality. The National WWII Museum needs to raise some funds to put her back in the water. Now is your chance to be a part of the only fully restored WWII Torpedo Patrol Boat. If you are able to, please go to the link below and back this project. Thanks.

https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...museum/launch-pt-305

launch%20pt305_zpsykusawsr.jpg

Last edited:

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    If you want a ride in a military boat, the Military Museum in Houma has a Korean War era Higgins boat that they give rides in. It stays in the water near the fire station launch.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Will donors get a ride in it, or are we just paying so that others can have all the fun??

From the Kickstarter page
    $2,500 or more

All gone!
    "CDR" A ride for you and a guest on PT-305* along with an invitation to the exclusive dedication ceremony for PT-305 in spring 2017, plus name recognition on the PT-305

The plan is to provide rides on Lake Pontchartrain as an attraction w=once everything is all said and done.

Last edited:

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    I went in to make my pledge after Mrs. Parallel shot down my hopes of doing the "LT" ($1,000) or the "CDR" ($2,500). After my pledge this is what the total is now.

PT-305%20kickstarter%20page.jpg_zps0mtlxnbx.png

Thanks y'all. I'm confident that some of these pledges came from this forum. If you were leaning towards pledging by all means still do so. This is going to be an expensive operation to maintain and we're hoping to be able to honor other WWII Veterans as well.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom