Want to Buy: .45 Colt or ACP double action revolver

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Avtomat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Alexandria, LA
    Correct me if I'm wrong. You're looking for a S&W double action revolver, chambered in .45 Long Colt.

Yes sir. The Smith and Wesson 25/625 is a double action .45 Long Colt. That model is also chambered in .45 ACP.

The only other modern .45 Long Colt double actions I can think of are the Ruger Redhawk, Super redhawk .454 (which will shoot .45 LC), and the elusive Colt Anaconda in .45 Colt.

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    Hope you have better luck than I had looking for one. I ran an ad here and on LAsportsman for a couple of months looking for a 625 and the only hits I got were from dealers offering to order me one. I did see that one of the dealers had a ad for a JM version on LAsportsman yesterday.

Avtomat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Alexandria, LA
    Hope you have better luck than I had looking for one. I ran an ad here and on LAsportsman for a couple of months looking for a 625 and the only hits I got were from dealers offering to order me one. I did see that one of the dealers had a ad for a JM version on LAsportsman yesterday.

I know! I was watching your ad with interest. I was hoping you would find one, cause that would at least mean that model is more prolific. But oh well. I might end up going for the new JM's or something.

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    There was a 5" model for sale on the S&W forum a couple of days ago. It sold in 8 minutes and I think the only reason it took that long to sell is the time of night it was posted.

Redleg2/9

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Covington
    I have a 25-2, 6”, 45 ACP, that gets downright boring to shoot because it is so accurate – with or without the moon clips. Occasionally one will pop up on the S&W or Sig forums.
    The 25-2s are excellent guns even though the current view is to find 625s because of tighter tolerances, etc. But the deep blue is far sexier than and just as accurate (usually more so) as the ss model.
    Nope, mine is not for sale.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mmabone
    Top Bottom