Want to Sell Handguns (FFL question)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yrral

Christian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    hey guys, any one have an idea of the cost to get and maintain an FFL?
    Also, a buddy of mine said you can sell out of your house, but you have to have a store front setup. Is that correct?

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    I think that's correct but it leaves your entire house open for searches at anytime.

If the ATF wanted to search your house, do you think the lack of an FFL would stop them?

To keep an FFL, you are required to actually be in the business of buying and selling guns. For the person who buys and sells the occasional gun, it is not necessary.

Last edited:

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I think the ATF did a crackdown on home based FFL and require you to have a storefront. Way too much BS IMO

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    While you don't have to have a "storefront" you do have to have a dedicated area, such as a shop where the business will be conducted. You can't run it out of your kitchen with the dining room table as your display table.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    While you don't have to have a "storefront" you do have to have a dedicated area, such as a shop where the business will be conducted. You can't run it out of your kitchen with the dining room table as your display table.

Not to mention it also requires for you to have a registered business, have Federal and State Tax Number, Parish Permit/license to operate, etc etc

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana

Not to mention it also requires for you to have a registered business, have Federal and State Tax Number, Parish Permit/license to operate, etc etc

Both of these are correct. yrral, go to the ATF website and you can look up the requirements yourself. The first requirement you will need to check on is if you have any local restrictions or a homeowners association that prohibits you from running a business out of the address you will list on the application. This is the first thing the ATF researches and if there are any restrictions, you will be denied before you even start.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom