Wanted: Beretta pocket pistols

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    I collect the Model 20 and Model 950 pistols. I'm looking to get a few more pieces that are the model 950, foreign made and in 25. The Italian and Brazilian models are marked 6.35 instead of 25ACP. I also collect the 950 with the longer barrel. Looking for those as well. I have several of the model 20, but would consider another if the price is right.

Just putting out this feeler and seeing who has what to offer.

Dale Landry
    Landry's Guns
    225-202-7843

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Looks like it was made here in the U.S., but it is a 950 so here you go.

fnlcrnel2x39dvfl60ms.jpg

x2t9l3ukdsz65y7lv18d.jpg

wktk141f73beszwtim14.jpg

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    That's not bad. That little pistol is in great shape. I never did find a serial number list to date these little guys. I came across a table that matches barrel markings to year of mfg, but that's all so far.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    My dad bought that one from Granberry's in Baton Rouge back at least 28 years ago for my mom to carry. She never did so it has been put away since then excepting a few trips outside to shoot. I doubt an entire box of ammo has been through it. He wanted something else recently so I gave him what he wanted and made him give me whatever he had that wasn't ever going to be used and this was part of it. Anything over 25 years old is an antique, right? ;)

The only mark I found on the barrel is the B on the left side of the catch.

tp1l0cfkljw7i1yyfdd.jpg

jeckyllshyde13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Mobile, Alabama
    I am with you on the little Berettas. I have a model 20 and one of the newer model 21A with a crimson trace grip. I didn't really need the CT grip, but that is what came on it from the guy I bought it from and I got it so cheap that I couldn't resist. My Dad has a 950 I believe with the three barrel set. He has an older model 21 that is awesome. I know of a couple other 950's that I will check on for you and get back to you. I can remember when those little guns were everywhere and it is really hard to find someone that wants to let them go anymore. Great little guns and a blast to shoot. Good luck with your search.

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    I started out with one of the Model 20s I bought at a gun Show in Slidell. They guy next to me needed the cash and I thought it was a nice little pocket gun for the money I gave. Later I got an Italian... or was Barzilian...made from another gun show. Dirt cheap, like $70. After that I started collecting on Gunbroker and Auction arms and well after 10 years I have a nice little group. I have started selling off some of the not so nice pieces and turned those funds into something better or different.

The 2 I really like are the satin finished 950BS, made in the USA and the stainless model 20 I bought from a dealer that got it at an estate sale. I don't know if I have ever seen another stainless mod 20 on the auctions.

Dale

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    @ CharliePaPa -

Darn, looks like the number / year sheet I have for Beretta pistols only is usable for Italian made weapons. DAMN. I guess I shold have read the fine print. At least it will help me with the Italian 950s I have at home.

geauxshootin

LA CHP Training and more
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Prairieville
    I just sold a 20A in .25 a few weeks ago. It was in excellent condition. I bought it from the original owner who still had the box, instructions, and brush. He bought it for his wife when they got married, she fired a few rounds through it and did not like it. It had just sat in his safe for many decades. The bluing was perfect.

I still have a 21A that I carry at times

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    I carry a 21A in 25 as my CCW. I've seen the model 20 range in price from $165 to the low $200s, depending on what came with it. Last one I bought had the box, brush, maybe the manual, and it was pretty nice for $190 shipped. Received it a few weeks ago.

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    I bought a threaded barrel for a Model 21a and installed it about 6 years ago. Works real well and I shoot it with a TAC63 suppressor. I have a second barrel that is longer, but threaded with an odd thread, very course. I had a can threaded for that one as well, but as I had more 1/2 x 28 cans, I swapped the barrel to it.

SRT in Arizona makes a great small can designed for the 21a / 950 models.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom