WANTED Rem 7600 Carbine in 35 Rem

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I think I saw one at Cabelas. You can call the gun library and ask if there is one out on the rack. You can also try GrayBeard's Outdoors in the forum section. You'll have to register to see the classifieds section. Also 24HourCampfire forums.
    Also try looking on gunbroker.com

Quickdtoo has some reloading data where you can improve the performance of the 35 rem in the Remington pump rifle. It can also be improved in the Marlin 336 but not as much as the Remington pump. This is on the Graybeard's forums.

WINGBONE2

WINGBONE2
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    Livingston Parish, Louisiana
    I think I saw one at Cabelas. You can call the gun library and ask if there is one out on the rack. You can also try GrayBeard's Outdoors in the forum section. You'll have to register to see the classifieds section. Also 24HourCampfire forums.
    Also try looking on gunbroker.com

Quickdtoo has some reloading data where you can improve the performance of the 35 rem in the Remington pump rifle. It can also be improved in the Marlin 336 but not as much as the Remington pump. This is on the Graybeard's forums.

I heard that a Cabela's over in Texas had one in September. After staying on hold for 23 minutes I was rudely told NO (can't get a answer in Gonzales Cabela's). I have checked : Gun Broker, Guns America, all local pawn & gun shops, numerous online forums, a guy I have done business with on Gun Broker that has a warehouse in Oklahoma with 70 thousand guns in it (so he tells me), Davidson's, Grice's, Remington Arms, and some dude that was speaking French (I think??) in Canada.......Nothing available! Even thought of buying one of the old 760 Gamemasters & having it cut, but was told by a guy at Renerson's in B.R. that a 7600 stock won't fit. I wouldn't mind a 760 but want the feel that the 7600 pistol grip has.

bigsampson

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    They have one on Gun Broker right now in 35 Whelen.
    Not exact match, but the 35 Whelen is gaining in popularity.
    Much more power than 35 Rem. The whelen is basically a 30-06 w/ a 35 cal bullet and the 35 rem is basically a 30-30 w/ a 35 can bullet. The Whelen has about the same energy at 350 yards that the Rem has at the muzzle.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=196997896

This one has the black stocks. Closes in 3 days, buy it now for $600.
    There is another on there w/ wood. Has a 22 inch barrel though. A saw and crowning tool and you can fix that.
    Good luck.

Last edited:

WINGBONE2

WINGBONE2
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    Livingston Parish, Louisiana
    I seen the little black carbine. It is a 35 Rem rebore to 35 Whelen. I considered it but am kinda scaird of it. Reason being I don't know who modified it and $600 is a big gamble. I called Renerson's in Baton Rouge today to see what a chop, crown, drill & tap would cost if I ran across a canidate for the job. They said $75 bucks, but won't drill and tap because they are top busy and its such a time consuming job.

bigsampson

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Didn't notice it was a rechamber. Think I would stay away too.
    On the other one w/ wood stocks. If you are going to scope it, wouldn't worry about putting the front sight back on. Just have Renerson's cut and crown it for you or you could do that yourself.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom