WANTED: stripped lower

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woopazz403

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Gonzales
    What the title says. Looking for a cheap one around $100 or less. Willing to travel for the right deal. PM me if you got one you're looking to part with and how much you want for it.

Last edited:

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Dave's usually has one or two lying around for $100 give or take a few $$'s if you can't get one FTF.

<<There is a better than average chance this post contains sarcasm>>

woopazz403

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Gonzales
    Really need one FTF as I'm only 19 lol. It sucks. I can go buy rifles all day long at 19 but I like to build them, and can't unless I get my lowers FTF for another 2 years.

woopazz403

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Gonzales
    Cause you can build pistols with them lol. Been through this so many times it's ridiculous. Hopefully I find one soon. Someone's got to have one. With the elections coming up though they're hard to find.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Does that mean it needs to be shipped to a ffl in state?
    Yes, actually.

Yes, you absolutely do:

A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Does that mean it needs to be shipped to a ffl in state?

It depends who you ask. I still haven't found the answer to if you can mail a handgun to another non-licensed state resident. I always thought you couldn't send a handgun but if you read this section it seems you can. Given that I would say you can ship a receiver within the state. In any case I would use a common contract (UPS or FedEx) to ship it and steer clear of the USPS.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-persons.html#shipping-firearms-carrier

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?
    A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Yes, actually.

Yes, you absolutely do:

A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]

You're quoting from the section on mailing items through USPS. That's not the same as shipping in general (FedEx/UPS).

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    But this statement is not mentioning the USPS at all:

" A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. "

As a stripped lower is not a rifle or a shotgun, it looks like it cannot be.

ETA: If I'm wrong, I'd love to be, for convenience of forum sales if nothing else - it'd save gas costs and more people would be likely to bid/buy. I just don't see it.

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    But this statement is not mentioning the USPS at all:

" A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. "

As a stripped lower is not a rifle or a shotgun, it looks like it cannot be.

ETA: If I'm wrong, I'd love to be, for convenience of forum sales if nothing else - it'd save gas costs and more people would be likely to bid/buy. I just don't see it.

But it's in the section on the USPS. You have to reference the verbiage within the section. There is a whole other section on shipping items not through the USPS. That's why your section refers to "mail".

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    But it's in the section on the USPS. You have to reference the verbiage within the section. There is a whole other section on shipping items not through the USPS. That's why your section refers to "mail".
    I see what you're saying, now. I just did a text-search for "Ship" on the page, and didn't see the last half of the Q: that specified USPS.

Now I'm more confused, and Google doesn't help much.

woopazz403

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Gonzales
    How you think I feel? I'm just trying to get a lower lol. Form turned into a legal debate. It's all good though! Keeping my post at the top!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jerry1090
    Top Bottom