Wanting a good .22 pistol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • preachandshoot

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    Slidell, La
    Thinking of purchasing a .22 pistol so that I can afford to go to the range more often. My buddy machinedrummer turned me on to this one. Looks like a Glock, and "shoots" like a Glock. I know there are quite a few people on here that hate Glocks but whatever. Anyone ever owned or heard any feedback on the ISSC M22?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxSK4gOKxns"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxSK4gOKxns[/ame]

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Like you said "Looks like a Glock, shoots like a Glock" unfurtunetly its not built like a Glock, IMO just spend the money once and buy a good Ruger MK or a Browning Buckmark which have been more than prooven over the years on a .22LR platform parts are easy to come by and you can customize if you want, unlike the M22 which is more than famous for heaving feeding issues and magazines breaking, Look around online on the forums for the reviews on it to me if it was in the $250 range I would consider it but being in the $375-$400 I find it to be very high for the quality. Keep us posted if you get one since most range reports I found are very very old.

deadidunn

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Hineston, LA
    Don't know anything about those, but I will vouch for a Browning Buckmark. I've wanted a Ruger for a while after shooting many others. I ended up buying a Buckmark after reading reviews on this board and from several people I know. I've had it for 2 and a half weeks, run about 400 rounds through it already, love, it has a lifetime contract with me now. I has a 5.5 inch barrel with fiber optic front sight, and I'll can put all 10 rounds in a 2 inch circle at 15 yds leaning on my bench. They make a 7.5 inch barrel hunter model that I bet would be awesome as well, I was thinking about getting one of those, but no one around here had one.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Do you already have a Glock? If so, why not go this route?

http://www.advantagearms.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AASOS&Category_Code=GLK

Glock11.jpg

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    I have a Ruger MKII 5 1/2" bull barrel, LUV THAT GUN!!! Handy, accurate, reliable, easy on the wallet couldn't want much more.

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    looks airsoft cheap to me but hard to tell without holding it in your hand. I would defiantly go with a real clock with the conversion kit if you want a .22 glock.

XD45ACP

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 26, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I had an early sig mosquito that gave me problems, so it eventually left. Besides at the time spare mags were 40 bucks... The point of this post is that now I have a ruger mark III hunter with the 5.5" barrel and its be far my favorite .22 autoloader. Fiber optic front sight, I swapped the v-notch for a square one that I got from ruger for free and it is really accurate.

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Every time I see threads about .22 pistols, I remember my S&W model 41. I truly loved that little pistol. May the scum that stole it burn in hell.

Yes, the S&W 41 is the bomb.
    I suggest a revo. Ya don't have to worry about feeding issues. Just shoot.
    Last time I was at my BIL's p-shop, he had a Hi Standard Sentinel with 6" bbl that was is very good shape. Can be had for a good price. I've already spoken for the H&R 949.:D

Top Bottom