Warning - Tachyon cameras Customer Service

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drmweaver2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2016
    Harahan, LA
    Just received the lst of a series of emails from Tachyon Customer Service (they make small digital cameras).

I bought a camera off eBay and then went to their web site to buy an accessory - a hat clip mount. While exploring their web store, I saw they had an optional software pkg that looked interesting. So I emailed them to clarify something concerning the applicability of that software with my camera. I provided the SKU since they didn't have either a serial number or model number on the camera and no way to register it.

The initial response I got was a snarky, "We don't support that any more. It is likely stolen merchandise. Contact your seller for a refund."

Um, whuuuuuuuuuuuuut???? Won't even answer a question about their own product? And imply I am dealing in stolen goods?

Hell, I didn't even tell them if the item was new or used when I bought it.

Seems they lost a tractor trailer load of ~1600 cameras back in ~2011 and now they believe these are showing up on eBay, Amazon and other sites. So they are withholding all support claiming it's a discontinued model.

I have never heard of "blaming the customer" so blatantly when denying a simple request for info.

Oh, and then they canceled my order for the hat clip mount! Talk about childish reaction not fit for modern business.

I'd think twice about dealing with them. Their cameras might be decent, but they certainly are not customer oriented.

Edited to add: reason for posting this on ths forum.. it's marketed as a gun camera. There aer videos on their site showing national level shooters supposedly endorsing the cameras. Gives a 1st person perspective if attached to the brim of your hat.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom