Warrior Dash - Anyone done this before?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Dang... I would love to do something like that. Guess I need to start dropping some weight and go into training for an event next year. :biglaugh:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    OMG!! That looks awesome. I called Spec and asked if he wanted to do it with me. It's only 3 miles. Much better than the alternative. A friend of mine is doing something similar called Tough Mudder. I think she's nuts. We all do, but she's a balls to the wall kind of girl.

YellowChevy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've been told that all shapes and sizes of people compete in the race and thats it more mental than physical. That being said, my buddy and I just signed up for a 10:30 slot.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Heard it was a bust for anyone that tried to run after 12:00P.M. b/c they canceled the event, and the aftermath with the rain and wind was bananas.

Some rumors are that when the tornado warning siren sounded officials left the course leaving participants on course without telling them to evacuate.

Can anyone here confirm?:D

They are reopening the track from 12pm-4pm though.:p

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I stopped for gas yesterday in Laplace and some girls in front of me had their t-shirt on. I thought it was next weekend... anyway, they said they did half the race when it was cancelled. They had driven in from Jackson to do the race and then go see Endemyion. Bust of a trip. They were covered in spillway mud. Looks like they had fun.

iamdat

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    baton rouge
    i was there. they are running the following waves today per the email i got. tornado sirens DID go off. it was nuts. i ran on the 10:00 wave. did well actually. it was VERY muddy. i loved it

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    I was in the first wave yesterday (9am). It was actually sunny for half of the time it took me to finish. I have not run for any distance in years and I am not in any kind of shape but had a great time. Muddy is an understatement, it was actually easier to run since when I walked I would slide around much more. There was one area that I dont think was supposed to be all water but it was probably 200ft of knee high water. I hope it becomes a regular thing here, I would definitely do it again next year but plan on starting to do some endurance training regardless. We took off around 10:30-11 after the skies started to darken and they started running the waves at 10 minute intervals.

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    Considering the warrior dash was my endurance race I think the tough mudder may be a bit above me at this point. A friend I ran with wants me to do another race in the spillway coming up (I dont remember what its called). I never considered myself to be an endurance guy but I had so much fun (except feeling like I was going to die at the end) I want to do more.

Top Bottom