Was police killing of 95-year-old necessary?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Sorry, I thought you we're referring to the "danger". Must have been a tough old man to withstand the taser? (I have zero experience, just assuming)

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Not at all. It just seems to be the common trend that a family (and rightfully so, come on, its family) will always jump to the defensive when something happens to a relative because they not only want to protect their loved ones, but want to believe that those they care about could do no wrong.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I don't get bean-bag rounds or a taser to subdue those people, and I do just fine with padded restraints and a hypodermic.

That said, they don't have 12" butcher knives, either.

The man was clearly nutted up and could have hurt someone. I think that the police did not have the training or knowledge necessary to deal with him, and he needed dealing with THEN. It's very sad, all around. Sundowners is a terrible thing. Seen guys call their wives whores and try to beat them down and wake up after I sedate them and say "I slept GREAT! what's for breakfast?!"

Noone who doesn't deal with this kind of thing on a regular basis is going to ever truly understand why that man was killed. His family, least of all, sadly.

Horrible incident all around.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Sorry, I thought you we're referring to the "danger". Must have been a tough old man to withstand the taser? (I have zero experience, just assuming)
    Not tough, just nutty. Those people after about 10pm lose their ****. Probably took an Ambien or something. This was dementia, pure and simple. They are pretty strong, though. Certainly strong enough to kill with a large knife.

Last edited:

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Some of you guys are incredible.. The man was 95 years old.. And some of you guys are calling him a poser? Questioning his service to his country? Truly incredible..

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Some of you guys are incredible.. The man was 95 years old.. And some of you guys are calling him a poser? Questioning his service to his country? Truly incredible..

IM saying serving during ww2, doesnt mean fought, and fought doesnt always mean combat. I have no idea on this guy. It was a thread drift. I apologize. I just grow tired of it. I know accounts of Marines who 'suffer' from PTSD that didnt see combat, but served in theatre. and in 60 years they will war story with the best

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This thread is a picture perfect example of how the media and the phony civil rights bunch are causing EVERYONE to doubt any action by police. There were 6 (I think), LEO's chiming in on this just because of the title.

And SVT was no where to be found; yet! :mamoru:

Sad how this corrupt media influences so many.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    this thread is a picture perfect example of how the media and the phony civil rights bunch are causing everyone to doubt any action by police. There were 6 (i think), leo's chiming in on this just because of the title.

And svt was no where to be found; yet! :mamoru:

Sad how this corrupt media influences so many.

this thread is full of the so called derps, le'derps, wanna be le'derps, cop haters and cop lovers, and some of those who are smart enough to make there own opinion with out influence of others to be affiliated with. And for those of you who don't speak french, that's lay derp.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    despite it being in chicago, (the capital of Derp), I've got to say that without any evidence to the contrary I refuse to believe that 6 police officers maliciously "beanbagged" a 95 yo man in a nursing home without any other options.

If he's swinging a 12" blade, he's willing to go lethal. I don't care if: old, young, white, black, mentally handicapped, physically handicapped, veteran, citizen, alien, or swampmonster.

Cops have kids to go home to, they shouldn't be asked to tackle your knife-wielding grandfather with dementia.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    despite it being in chicago, (the capital of Derp), I've got to say that without any evidence to the contrary I refuse to believe that 6 police officers maliciously "beanbagged" a 95 yo man in a nursing home without any other options.

If he's swinging a 12" blade, he's willing to go lethal. I don't care if: old, young, white, black, mentally handicapped, physically handicapped, veteran, citizen, alien, or swampmonster.

Cops have kids to go home to, they shouldn't be asked to tackle your knife-wielding grandfather with dementia.

pretty much sums it up for me.

Wagon_Master

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    It is a sad day when multiple able bodied officers can not subdue a 95 year old man with a knife without killing him. Hey one guy got to use his gun.......That's cool right?

geauxbubba

"No Comment"
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Lacombe
    I think they should have called in the SWAT team, used those tear gas canisters that start fires, and just burned down the entire place with him in it.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    It is a sad day when multiple able bodied officers can not subdue a 95 year old man with a knife without killing him. Hey one guy got to use his gun.......That's cool right?
    That's kind of a ridiculous statement. Would you run up to a 95 year old guy WITH A KNIFE and try to take the knife from him? I am not saying that they should have used as much force as they did, but wrestling sharp objects from people is a good way to get cut. I personally would rather return to my family then risk trying to take a knife from a dude whose intentions are unknown.

Top Bottom