"Watch your muzzle"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    NONE, just stop it where you want it, do FN Prt Screen, then go to accesories, then open paint, then do paste and save is as file where you want it.

Then open it up and edit it with a picture editor, crop to size, save again (over old file)

And you done.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    This is Larry Vickers official statement on the incident and the only one that will be released by Larry personally:

I have received numerous phone calls and emails in regards to Grant Timberlake recent Home Defense class at Ft Harmor near Marietta Ohio.
    I talked to Grant directly about this after reviewing the facts as I know them and we discussed my concerns. Grant understands that even though
    this was not a VSM sanctioned class (meaning basic pistol or carbine) that he is, being a regional endorsed instructor in the VSM program, being
    held to a higher standard than others who might attempt to teach such classes around the country - despite the fact that the VSM program had nothing whatsoever
    to do with this particular class. Grant has been in many of my classes as a student and I am confident he can teach basic pistol and carbine - in addition
    M4carbine.net has been very good to me professionally over the years so in light of all this I felt it was only right to make Grant an REI. I still stand
    by that decision.

However i did make it clear to Grant that no amount of name dropping of Larry Vickers or Ken Hackathorn can make up for the fact that serious mistakes were made.
    Not the least of which is posting a video of the training with an unsafe act depicted for the world to see. Everyone makes mistakes and that is the essence of
    training as you often learn more from your mistakes than your successes but posting internet videos is something I forbid of my classes and of regional instructors
    teaching Vickers Shooting Method classes. Since this class did not fall into that catagory Grant felt the commonsense 'no video' ban did not apply. He has since seen the
    error in his thinking.

On a closing note I would warn all those who have taken pot shots at Grant over this issue to remember this - it is one thing to be a student, it is entirely another
    to be the instructor in an open enrollment class. Until you have done it I would reserve comment. Grant has used internet forums many times in the past to poke
    his finger in the eye of other people he deemed were wrong about something or someone - now he is on the receiving end. This has been a learning experience and like many
    in life not a pleasant one. Trust me when I say no one has been given more feedback over this and stands to learn more than Grant Timberlake. It is time to move on.

Larry Vickers

It should be noted that Grant Timberlake is no longer part of the Vickers REI program.

That decision is between Grant Timberlake and Larry Vickers so no comments will be allowed in this thread regarding this matter. It needed to be noted for the integrity of this thread and to bring it to its conclusion.

Thank you.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    QUOTE:

G&R Tactical is proud to announce that we were selected as one of Vickers Tactical Regional Instructors! For more info on the program

NO WAY, Larry Vickers will continue to have his name associated with that after he watches this video.

It should be noted that Grant Timberlake is no longer part of the Vickers REI program.

That decision is between Grant Timberlake and Larry Vickers so no comments will be allowed in this thread regarding this matter. It needed to be noted for the integrity of this thread and to bring it to its conclusion.

Thank you.[/I]

:cool:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    images

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    This is Larry Vickers official statement on the incident and the only one that will be released by Larry personally:

I have received numerous phone calls and emails in regards to Grant Timberlake recent Home Defense class at Ft Harmor near Marietta Ohio.
    I talked to Grant directly about this after reviewing the facts as I know them and we discussed my concerns. Grant understands that even though
    this was not a VSM sanctioned class (meaning basic pistol or carbine) that he is, being a regional endorsed instructor in the VSM program, being
    held to a higher standard than others who might attempt to teach such classes around the country - despite the fact that the VSM program had nothing whatsoever
    to do with this particular class. Grant has been in many of my classes as a student and I am confident he can teach basic pistol and carbine - in addition
    M4carbine.net has been very good to me professionally over the years so in light of all this I felt it was only right to make Grant an REI. I still stand
    by that decision.

However i did make it clear to Grant that no amount of name dropping of Larry Vickers or Ken Hackathorn can make up for the fact that serious mistakes were made.
    Not the least of which is posting a video of the training with an unsafe act depicted for the world to see. Everyone makes mistakes and that is the essence of
    training as you often learn more from your mistakes than your successes but posting internet videos is something I forbid of my classes and of regional instructors
    teaching Vickers Shooting Method classes. Since this class did not fall into that catagory Grant felt the commonsense 'no video' ban did not apply. He has since seen the
    error in his thinking.

On a closing note I would warn all those who have taken pot shots at Grant over this issue to remember this - it is one thing to be a student, it is entirely another
    to be the instructor in an open enrollment class. Until you have done it I would reserve comment. Grant has used internet forums many times in the past to poke
    his finger in the eye of other people he deemed were wrong about something or someone - now he is on the receiving end. This has been a learning experience and like many
    in life not a pleasant one. Trust me when I say no one has been given more feedback over this and stands to learn more than Grant Timberlake. It is time to move on.

Larry Vickers

Thank you.

128911242979718883.jpg

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Furthermore, I am wondering if iron lawn furniture is such a great idea in a live fire shoot house...but then again, I am neither a live-fire shoot house instructor nor the owner of a large firearms board, so my comment is purely academic. ;)

Leopardcurdog

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Hattiesburg, Ms
    I just don't get the whole youtube 20 seconds worth of fame thing. The guy had to take the camera home, download it, watch it, and say, gee golly, this looks so good, I think I'll share it with the whole world. More folks end up looking like idiots then anything.

Top Bottom