Watches, watches and more watches

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I've always thought about a pocket watch. But I hate stuff in my pockets.

Most fit in the watch pocket on a pair of jeans. I just like them because of my fascination with their history and where they could have been over the years. Some collectors don't like ones that were engraved or personalized but I find those to be very interesting.

I have a watch that was engraved something along the lines of "Presented to ______ From Parents 1905". Some see that are don't want it because it has someone else's name on it but I see it and think man........In 1905 this was presented to that person and was his pride and joy. Maybe a graduation or wedding gift or something. Now.......over 100 years later I have it. Its pretty neat to me.

I also have a watch that was presented to someone (prob. a commander) by several of the men in his regiment while stationed overseas during WWII and has a list of names names who presented it to him. I have never been able to find any info on the men but its pretty neat to me. One day maybe I will be able to find out some info on the people engraved on the watch.

Last edited:

IGCHRIS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Madisonville
    Anyone have an Orient? I have one being delivered tomorrow that I'm really excited about. I've wanted it for a while and was finally able to pull the trigger.

IGCHRIS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Madisonville
    What model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orient Polaris Automatic.

I've been geeking out over automatics recently.

Bought a Junkers Bauhaus a couple months back. Before that got a seiko skx007. Love both. The Junkers is a dress watch. The seiko gets more wear and I rotate between three bands every so often.

jsg34

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    I almost bought a Junkers in Amsterdam last month. I wound up buying a Fromanteel, which is made in Amsterdam. Really quite nice. Western Europe is quite a treat for watch enthusiasts.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Orient Polaris Automatic.

I've been geeking out over automatics recently.

Bought a Junkers Bauhaus a couple months back. Before that got a seiko skx007. Love both. The Junkers is a dress watch. The seiko gets more wear and I rotate between three bands every so often.

a5cde20c9e3810b0c6e595e719be4f7b.jpg
    3d1424a81f481e11652bfd4326d98ee3.jpg

I just got this one for Christmas and added a strap code super oyster. I love it and sadly now I'm jonesin for more watches lol.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom