waterproof gun bags?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    wasn't there a topic here about that a very long time ago? well with the river on the rise i would like to know where to get these water proof bags for my firearms and other things.

rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    i would have to see them in person. maybe those bags where not talked about here. seem like that would be pretty common in south louisiana. i would even want to put my ammo cans in such a bag for good measure.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I had posted a topic on here a long time ago looking for a canvas water resistant (at least) AR-15 scabbard, something with a shoulder strap. I never did find anything that worked the way I wanted.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    They have those big yellow float bags at your local sporting goods store or Walmart... won't be big enough for rifles and shotguns, tho. I have had all of my stuff in one and strapped in my canoe, then got swamped and the whole bag was underwater; none of my stuff got wet inside.

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Watershed makes a weapon bag. I've used their duffel bags in whitewater kayaking, multiday camping , motorcycle trips and just beating around. They are the bomb. I just scored a NWT basic weapon bag with shoulder straps for under $50.00 on Ebay. Item #250812752659 After I swim a swollen river with it loaded on my back I'll give you some user feedback:) Don't hold your breath.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom