Wayne LaPierre

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    OK,

I have been watching the NRA go the way of the AARP and the AMA for too long.

We have LaPierre in bed with Harry Reid, cutting special deals with the democrat avowed enemies of the Second Amendment, and generally acting the dilettante.

I have felt that is way past time for Wayne to go, for over fifteen years.

Since the Neil Knox split-off years ago, 'lil Wayne has been able to gerrymander the board via the "Nomination Committee" and make the board too large to be effective.

If this continues, many of us will split off to G.O.A. and the overall effort will be weakened.

We must have a united effort and accept no compromises on our GOD-given Second Amendment rights.

What say You, B-S'ers ?

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Personally I havn't supported the NRA since they compromised on the Clinton Assault Weapon Bill. I used to be a NRA member and believed in the whole "we should join because they are the biggest/have the political clout" arguement. I stopped believing that and now support GOA and have learned just how important state level groups like Virginia Citizen Defense League and Louisiana Shooting Association can be.

ejt1469

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    The NRA is a one issue organization. To that end, they (we, since I am a Life Member) will work with anyone who aids the cause. Harry Reed helped secure $$$ to open a very nice shooting range, therefore, he was there with the NRA at its opening. However, since Harry R. is pretty much a piece of animal excrement, I understand your feelings. We must not break into factions; we will become ineffective.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    The NRA is a one issue organization. To that end, they (we, since I am a Life Member) will work with anyone who aids the cause. Harry Reed helped secure $$$ to open a very nice shooting range, therefore, he was there with the NRA at its opening. However, since Harry R. is pretty much a piece of animal excrement, I understand your feelings. We must not break into factions; we will become ineffective.

I, too, have been a NRA Life Member over 30 years and was a Friends of NRA committeeman for years.

It is not the NRA itself that I am displeased with. It is Wayne LaPierre and the way that he has "led" the organization for the last 15 or 20 years.

I was seeking comments on Wayne, not the NRA itself.

leVieux

ejt1469

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    New Orleans
    My bad! As for Wayne, all I can say is that I have read many of his books and I recommend them to anyone who is interested in the threats to the 2A. My perception is that he seems to have is finger on the pulse of these threats and has the 2A as his first and only priority. Additionally, with membership dues so low, I'd encourage everyone to join multiple 2A organization. Here's my list: NRA, Gun Owners of America, Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership,the Second Amendment Foundation, and of course the Louisiana Shooting Association

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    My bad! As for Wayne, all I can say is that I have read many of his books and I recommend them to anyone who is interested in the threats to the 2A. My perception is that he seems to have is finger on the pulse of these threats and has the 2A as his first and only priority. Additionally, with membership dues so low, I'd encourage everyone to join multiple 2A organization. Here's my list: NRA, Gun Owners of America, Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership,the Second Amendment Foundation, and of course the Louisiana Shooting Association

Good suggestion - will do so tonight (join GSA and LSA).

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    Personally I havn't supported the NRA since they compromised on the Clinton Assault Weapon Bill. I used to be a NRA member and believed in the whole "we should join because they are the biggest/have the political clout" arguement. I stopped believing that and now support GOA and have learned just how important state level groups like Virginia Citizen Defense League and Louisiana Shooting Association can be.

What was the compromise on the AWB?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I would have to agree that not EVERYTHING the NRA does pleases everyone. That is sometimes troubling- because anti-gun politicians have proved time after time that they cannot be trusted in the overall big scheme of things. Many of you will remember how they managed to dupe none other than William B. Ruger into endorsing an AWB- by getting him to believe that was the only way he could save his "little rifle", the Mini 14.
    Playing the compromise game with these people means giving ground to them in some form- only to have them eventually regroup and come after gun rights time and time again, anyway....

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/06/15/nra-cuts-questionable-deal-with-democrats/

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I too have been disappointed with the NRA's tolerance of anti-2A bills. They fought against them, but it appears that more could have been done.

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    I will think aboout re-joining the NRA just as soon as Wayne is out the door.
    In the early 90's I saw Sarah Brady hand him his a$$ on a platter. He couldn't even respond to her babble. He just sat there looking like a fool. I don't remember all of the particulars now but, I made my mind up right then and there.

He (and the NRA) are way to quick to compromise. I do not wish to compromise therefore they cannot represent me right now.

Sorry. I am through now.
    Be well all.
    Al

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Me? I joined them all.

Does the NRA represent me on all issues? Nope. Do the others? Nope. Hell, if the ACLU EVER decided to support 2A instead of burying their uber liberal heads in the sand, I might join them too.

But combined they all have a role to play and the NRA is still the big dog in DC as far as effective lobby's go.

C'mon folks, it's $15-20 bucks to join these things, cheaper than a box of ammo. I can't personally afford to buy lawyers and lobbyists in DC, but collectivelly all these groups can.

All I really have to say on that. And yeah, Wayne Le P can be a tool on camera imo.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    I feel that the NRA is becoming too corrupt with people who just jabber on and on, and are becoming the same money-grubbing self-employed professional-politicians THEMSELVES that I have come to abhor in government.

That is my sentiments on Wayne LaPierre, iconicly.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Once more, this is a post on LaPierre, not the NRA.

I have signed up a numer of folks myself. I have been a life member for 30 years. I donate to NRA-ILA. I was a FONRA comitteeman for years. I never told anyone to not join NRA.

What do you think of Wayne LaPierre, not the NRA, OK ?

leVieux

Top Bottom