WBR Deputies Save Trooper's Life

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I will NEVER put myself in the head or place of an officer under those conditions, and I know we don't necessarily have all the facts, but if this description of the scene (suspect standing over trooper with gun pointed at him), is true, and I must assume these deputies heard the event unfolding on the radio before they arrived; so when they arrived; why wasn't this supsect shot lethally?

You LEO's explain to me; why this guy wasn't head shot for a quick dispatch?

Am I wrong?

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Adrenaline. When your adrenaline is pumping that much, you shoot for the largest area, or center mass, which is neck to groin. Not to mention as soon as deputy driving the vehicle popped off his first shot, his sight picture was completely shattered. It took a lot of restraint im sure on the deputy's parts not to completely empty the weapons into him. They heard the traffic on the radio, heard him calling for help and were fortunately in the area and were able to respond quick fast and in a hurry.

fbrown1056

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    Baton Rouge, La.
    I will NEVER put myself in the head or place of an officer under those conditions, and I know we don't necessarily have all the facts, but if this description of the scene (suspect standing over trooper with gun pointed at him), is true, and I must assume these deputies heard the event unfolding on the radio before they arrived; so when they arrived; why wasn't this supsect shot lethally?

Am I wrong?

Don't imagine the shooter stood still when he saw the deputy's car approching and with the deputy shooting four rounds though his windshied. Sounds like pretty good shooting by these deputies considering the circumstances.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Typical Monday Morning Quarterbacking, IMHO.

I worked with most of the outside WBRP SO deputies immediately after 9/11 and they are a good group of men.
    :eh:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    so when they arrived; why wasn't this supsect shot lethally?

Am I wrong?

1. If they continue to shoot and kill the BG after stopping the threat = Homicide.
    2. Only in the movies or possibly a well trained team like SEAL Team 6.
    3. Yes.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Typical Monday Morning Quarterbacking, IMHO.

I worked with most of the outside WBRP SO deputies immediately after 9/11 and they are a good group of men.
    :eh:

I was merely sincerely wondering?

1. If they continue to shoot and kill the BG after stopping the threat = Homicide.
    2. Only in the movies or possibly a well trained team like SEAL Team 6.
    3. Yes.

Nuff said! Thanks!

GClifton

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Chenal, La.
    The trooper hollered 108 on his radio, which is resisting an officer. Several units responded, but the two that saved his life were almost on the scene, when the trooper requested help. The deputy driving the unit fired 6 shots thru the windshield the other deputy, a reserve, also fired several from outside the unit. Both deputies are regular shooters consistently scoring 120. The deputy that shot thru the windshield in only 21 and a super person, I know his dad well.
    I believe the bad guy may be paralyzed from the waist down. The last I heard was if they removed the bullets he could die, Oh well . So we the tax payers will provide care for this piece of crap in jail for the rest of his life. He probably want need any anal-eaze .

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Could his survival have had anything to do with the LEO having to shoot through a barrier (windshield)? (That is, if those were even the shots that struck home)

Maybe too soon to ask those type of questions, though...:o

At any rate- GREAT job in stopping this animal.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    The trooper hollered 108 on his radio, which is resisting an officer. Several units responded, but the two that saved his life were almost on the scene, when the trooper requested help. The deputy driving the unit fired 6 shots thru the windshield the other deputy, a reserve, also fired several from outside the unit. Both deputies are regular shooters consistently scoring 120. The deputy that shot thru the windshield in only 21 and a super person, I know his dad well.
    I believe the bad guy may be paralyzed from the waist down. The last I heard was if they removed the bullets he could die, Oh well . So we the tax payers will provide care for this piece of crap in jail for the rest of his life. He probably want need any anal-eaze .

That's was I was told the Trooper called out 108 and another Trooper got on the radio with WBR and called 108. Thank God the WBR unit was that close.

GClifton

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Chenal, La.
    No. He's completely mobile.

Yes, when I got to work this morning I was informed that he was walking out the hospital. One slug through a rib, liver and came to rest less than one inch from his spinal cord.
    Information from a deputy. I hear the video of the incident is really something to see, this one will be used in training for a long time.

Top Bottom