website to calculate prices for the new health insurance exchanges

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    All of those are more than I pay now for private insurance for my family of 4....although it is going up at an alarming rate.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    The "exchanges" are only for those people hoping to receive a subsidy from the government to help pay their premiums. The rest of us can still purchase health insurance off the exchange. If you own a private health insurance policy not affiliated with your employer, like XDguy, your insurance agent should be making changes to your policies annual renewal date to ensure that your rate will not be affected by PPACA until January of 2015.
    If not, well then you can expect a huge rate increase on your 2014 renewal month and you should probably be looking for a new health insurance agent.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Yeah now go in there and change your income to, say, 1/3 of what you actually earn. For me, a silver plan drops from $708.62 per month down to $204.26, thanks to a $504.37 subsidy. Your tax dollars at work.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    The white house got GRILLED yesterday with some tough questions on healthcare from the media.....*sigh*....

I had to look twice at the reporter to see if it was one of the guys I work with. (*&^%& idiots!

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Plain and simple it is a tax. People that make more pay than people that make less pay less. But they both get the same coverage. It's just some B.S. plan to give better health coverage to people of lesser income, but at someone else expense. :mad:

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Yeah now go in there and change your income to, say, 1/3 of what you actually earn. For me, a silver plan drops from $708.62 per month down to $204.26, thanks to a $504.37 subsidy. Your tax dollars at work.

Where do you think the money is coming from to pay for the care of the uninsured currently?

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Where do you think the money is coming from to pay for the care of the uninsured currently?

Yeah they're already being subsidized/paid for by tax dollars.

However some uninsured find and pay for their own care, or seek less expensive care, or do not seek care.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    BCBS reports our plan will have an increase due to the change in healthcare in the country. 0.5% rise in our premiums. Which, anything under 10% in a given renewal period is a blessing, so I'm gonna go ahead and figure we're good.

bhart89

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Anyone who thought the goal of Obamacare was to reduce health insurance costs is a rube. The facts are simple, if you want to reduce costs of healthcare you reduce consumption of unnecessary prodecures but the problem is that every hospital who buys the latest imaging machine will have an ROI spreadsheet that shows how many patients they need to run through it to break even so they send as many peoples they can through unnecessary tests.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Anyone who thought the goal of Obamacare was to reduce health insurance costs is a rube. The facts are simple, if you want to reduce costs of healthcare you reduce consumption of unnecessary prodecures but the problem is that every hospital who buys the latest imaging machine will have an ROI spreadsheet that shows how many patients they need to run through it to break even so they send as many peoples they can through unnecessary tests.

Rationing discussion gets health reform bills shut down. Political strategy - expand access -> get people to become satisfied with the new system -> manage costs. Same thing happened in Massachussets

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette

The policy they've implemented indicates that's not how they're running it, and not how they're applying any increased cost burden. Of course this can change on a whim, but for now their policy for handling any increased costs from the ACA is such that it doesn't affect our plan.

Of course the other variable is us. If our company suddenly loses the major benefit of being mostly young and mostly healthy, then it can change. If we hire a few geriatric cancerous diabetics, I'm sure we'll be jacked up on our premiums.

Just gotta take it as it comes; not much else to do. **** sucks. What's that you always told me? Semper Gumby? ;)

Top Bottom