wedding band question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TDuhe87

PADUE
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Prairieville
    Going to be getting married next year and found this band for me just seeing if anybody out there has one like this. Just trying to see how well they hold up and how well the paint job on them hold up.

realtree_groved_edge_ring.jpg

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I've always heard Inconel wasn't very receptive to tooling, but I guess with a smaller part it wouldn't be too bad?

You are correct but I have seen rings made from Inconel that looked very good. I think they were slowly made while "on the clock". :)

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Just throwing this out there.

I got married young and was in the military at the time. My ring fit perfectly at the time. After almost 20 years, some abuse of my hands resulting in knuckle swelling and yeah, a few pounds added, my ring was near impossible to take off and put back on. After having it re sized its back to being comfortable. I have a gold band and it was relatively easy to re size. I have a friend of mine with a band similar to yours. They have only been married less than a year so I dont know how it holds up, but it will be impossible to re size. May not matter to you but just putting it out in case you didnt think about that.

TDuhe87

PADUE
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Prairieville
    the ring is titanium and i had found it on a web site. i have never seen any stores carry them before so i'm not too sure aout the warrenty or anything

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Might want to apply the kiss method. Something simple I wanted to get something different and after I sent it back for a 3rd time I went to Walmart and picked out my band stainless and 50 bucks. I realized I wasn't going to be showing my ring off to other guys lol so I went plain.

I know it doesn't apply to your original question I would just think about it getting scratched up everytime I did some sort of work.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I got married last month. Went with a plain white gold band. Wish I had gone yellow gold now because the shitheads at zales didnt tell me that the white gold has to be re dipped annually or it changes color.

trout25red

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Best Bank
    My wife ordered me one that I love. Similar concept, but instead of camo it has waves with 3 yellow gold fish: a trout, a redfish, and a flounder.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Titanium will scratch and cannot be resized. A good jeweler, however, will replace it if size needs changing later on (mine woild).

If you want one that the finish will stay, I had a carbide one. Heavier than titanium. But it wouldn't scratch. It had carbon fiber where that one is camo. I dropped it once and got a small dimple in the finish over the fiber but over all I was impressed with how it'd shine lasted and stayed. It was a hundred bucks. Dealer said they woild replace for resize also, but even if not, men's rings are not expensive in those two materials.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    my white gold still looks the same after 3.5 years, and can be resized and such in the future if need be, it cost more than I had planned on paying but still wasn't too bad.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I have a titanium ring, I love it because I hate wearing rings and it's not even noticeable. Mine has a similar design but had a black inlay. It didn't last more than about a year. My ring is now just all silver but I dig that too. I'd recommend titanium but skip the camo/inlay though.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I have a titanium ring, I love it because I hate wearing rings and it's not even noticeable. Mine has a similar design but had a black inlay. It didn't last more than about a year. My ring is now just all silver but I dig that too. I'd recommend titanium but skip the camo/inlay though.
    I have a ring that sounds quite similar.

Mine last a little over a year as well. Divorce :P

It's still somewhere, because I just feel like it'll be useful for something, some time, like maybe leveling a wobbly table - but it's cheap so it's not worth selling.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    pZALE1-15501187t400.jpg

I have a Tungsten ring. The jewler said it would not scratch and I put that thing to the test wearing it everyday in a welding shop. 5 years later, it still looks like the day I bought it...... After I clean the gunk out from the two crevices in it! A ring cutter can not cut it(I tried it for shits and giggles). It must be broken off just as an FYI. It cannot be resized, hovever,y my jewler said to just bring it in and they'll give me credit on it.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    When I got married (click here for the epic story) I went with a plain titanium band. The lady who got it for me had her wholesale jeweler license, so it cost me all of about $20. I think retail is only like $50-$60. She said that titanium indeed cannot be resized. (Nor can the tungsten carbide rings.) She also said her husband had one, and since titanium is soft, that it would scratch but eventually those scratches would all blend together to form a neat satin finish. 3 years later, that's exactly what my ring looks like. I've been very pleased!

autogateman

Access denied
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    maurepas la
    My other ring was tungsten and it looked just as perfect the day of the divorce as the wedding day! I now have a cobalt one that was supposed to be just as tough but it is pretty scratched.

Top Bottom