Weekly dose of deep space beauty

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    travisrector_ngc54267.jpg

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2012/03/05/get-a-weekly-dose-of-deep-sky-beauty/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BadAstronomyBlog+%28Bad+Astronomy%29

Trachito

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    NOLA metro
    my gf was able to see several of the planets clearly through some high powered telescope when she was a kid. She saw saturn's rings, the spot on jupiter. i'm so fascinated with space that i'm jealous that she got to see them.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    my gf was able to see several of the planets clearly through some high powered telescope when she was a kid. She saw saturn's rings, the spot on jupiter. i'm so fascinated with space that i'm jealous that she got to see them.

You can see the four largest Jovian moons with a pair of 10x binocs, but I can't hold them steady enough.

I think this is the time of year you can see the Andromeda Galaxy naked eye if the sky is dark enough, plenty easy for binocs.

BRMedic

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Henderson, CO

If you ever make it to BR the Highland road observatory is open to the public some nights. Dont ask me when its been several years since I went.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    FYI: Tonight is a perfect night for sky-viewing, even just with a pair of binoculars. If you look west after the sky is dark tonight, you'll see Venus closest to the horizon (2nd brightest object in the night sky), Jupiter above and slightly to the left (3rd brightest object), and Mars will be off near the eastern horizon (4th brightest object).

Top Bottom