Wegner and Victorionox.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    The Wenger Standard Issue Model was the stndard from 1961 to just four years ago, being replaced by a new, one-hand opening design.

Which is the better design as an EDC knife? I like the proven stalwart classic, but really prefer and use knives that open with one hand, but if it is not defensive, the one-hand opening is a uneeded luxury.

Let's hear your thoughts!

I'd also like to start collecting. Fill in a newbie on where to start, please.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The Wenger Standard Issue Model was the stndard from 1961 to just four years ago, being replaced by a new, one-hand opening design.

Which is the better design as an EDC knife? I like the proven stalwart classic, but really prefer and use knives that open with one hand, but if it is not defensive, the one-hand opening is a uneeded luxury.

Let's hear your thoughts!

I'd also like to start collecting. Fill in a newbie on where to start, please.

Benchmade.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I just purchased 2 victorinox knives and love em. I have cut more stuff with those and try are as sharp as a scalpel

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    He was asking between the two swiss army knives, not your favorite. Are you refering to the Victorinox M4 as the one handed opener? I have both a wenger and a victorinox classic and carry them occasionally.

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Benchmade.
    Yeah, the price is a turn off.

MOTOR, what models did you purchase?

Chris, the one that's being issues ATM to the Swiss army. This is the one I was referring to, but the newer one has a one-handed opening blade.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom