Well, I guess I am selling all my guns now... ABC News says I can't shoot straight!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    ABC News says that only LEOs can shoot correctly in a crisis and that CCW holders can't so
    I guess we all should just listen to the pied piper and sell our gear and depend on the pros.
    They even did a "study" on the matter.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Video Uploaded on Apr 21, 2010

yawnkz5.jpg

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    That's a blast from the past. Yea when I saw the video, I couldn't help but wonder that they picked inexperienced people put in a drill where they all are doomed to fail. Hell, I would even say that LEOs would fail given those circumstances.

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    Doesn't matter what year it's from, good video, I hadn't seen it.

Good reminder that practicing the draw is just as important as time on the range. The most accurate shooter in the world isn't worth squat if he/she can't draw quickly under stress.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So basically, ABC News threw this together to let us know it's a lot safer to just allow the gunman to come in and shoot everyone without anyone bothering him.

happy0144.gif
    Great advice.

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    So basically, ABC News threw this together to let us know it's a lot safer to just allow the gunman to come in and shoot everyone without anyone bothering him.

happy0144.gif
    Great advice.

Ahhhh.... yup, that's about the size of it. And hey... they couldn't say it if it wasn't true right? :dogkeke:

And honestly, it wasn't a fair test anyway because the "gunman" knew just who was the armed participant. In reality, the armed guy would have had a much better chance because he could have blended in with the others until he was ready to take the shot. What a sham, but what else would expect from the gun haters.

Last edited:

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Not a bad bit of info.. For one thing, it proves you should not sit towards the front of the class.. If more than one student had been armed it would have had a different outcome as well.. And as someone already mentioned, they knew coming through the door where the resistance was going to be...

Last edited:

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    Would have been cool if the CCer had decided not to sit there, maybe move across the room at the last minute, AND was really a gun person in disguise.
    Of course then the video would never make it out of editing!

Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood
    Didn't watch the video but just remembered a recent shooting in N.Y. City, and after the investigation it was proven that the innocent casualties were all shot by the police. I may have a bad memory and not recall all the facts, but in light of most police officers never actually been in a shoot out, I will make sure my last line of defense is in my hands.
    Nothing against the men/women who wear the badge, their training or ability. But everyone makes mistakes and react differently under pressure.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Obviously I'm gonna support training. That beig said based on where most of my students start on drill one day one, most of them would get their feelings hurt badly in that drill. The gun you carry is not a magic talisman. It will not ward off evil. You have to be able to use it effectively on your worse day.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Would have been almost funny if the "victim" would have pulled a knife and sliced the attacker, director and producer up. ;-)

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    So you guys are upset about a video that basically said if you're going to carry a gun you should train?

Not at all. Training is the only way to get good at what you do. I am upset that the title is "Proof that Concealed Carry permit holders live in a dream world." What "proof" of that did they show in that video? They took someone with zero gun knowledge and made an ass of him (her) and said that all of us that carry are the same as THEM. That's what I am pissed off about.

Last edited:

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    Didn't watch the video but just remembered a recent shooting in N.Y. City, and after the investigation it was proven that the innocent casualties were all shot by the police. I may have a bad memory and not recall all the facts, but in light of most police officers never actually been in a shoot out, I will make sure my last line of defense is in my hands.
    Nothing against the men/women who wear the badge, their training or ability. But everyone makes mistakes and react differently under pressure.

I saw and still have the video on my hard drive. The NYPD cop emptied his Glock (19 I think) into the crowd then reloaded and fired more shots... again... into the crowd. He hit the perp along with 5 others (maybe 7, I can't remember) but what I DO remember is thinking to myself, why is a LEO shooting into a crowd of bystanders????? #1 rule is to know whats behind your target, yet he didn't seem to give a crap. That was really sad. If he was not a LEO he would be rotting in a cell as I type this.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom